- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
EA is giving away ‘Sims 2’ with every expansion pack right now
The Sims 2 is discontinued, but that means you can get it for free until July 31.
The studio is releasing the older version of the game along with a whopping 17 expansion packs. That means that from now until July 31, you, too, can experience the wonders of the famed Ikea expansion pack, and the many other dubious Sims 2 glories that made Steve Hogarty an Internet folk hero.
Plus, you know, getting the Sims without having to pay for it is pretty nice, too. EA has helpfully written a step-by-step guide to how you can get the game. You need to be a member of EA’s Origin gaming network, but once you’ve gotten your free Origin membership, you can hop right in to the Sims by choosing “Redeem Product Code” from the Origin menu, and then entering the product code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS.
Sure, the game is a few years outdated, but by throwing in all 17 expansion packs as well, EA is providing you with a considerable deal on game features.
EA is also running a special free “On the House” promotion on an older version of the popular puzzle game Peggle.
Although most of the promotional efforts for EA are focused on gearing up for the fall launch of Sims 4, with its enhanced customization and emotive features, making the older version available for free is a great way to interest the larger community in the game. Whether you’re new to the Sims or just experiencing a wave of nostalgia, you have until the end of the month to acquaint yourself with the virtual world where characters communicate in thought bubbles and speak in “Simlish.”
Photo via naczosikan/deviantART
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.