- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants 2 Years Ago
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted 2 Years Ago
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? 2 Years Ago
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site 2 Years Ago
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real Today 11:33 AM
- Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park Five death penalty ads Today 11:08 AM
- While Rubio smiles at Trump’s campaign rally, the internet drags him Today 11:04 AM
These four shows will arrive on Crunchyroll as soon as they air in Japan.
Crunchyroll‘s fall lineup arrives on Oct. 3, and we’re here with the top four highlights. Three are new anime series airing simultaneously in Japan and on Crunchyroll with subtitles, while the fourth is a returning hit, Food Wars.
Best new anime on Crunchyroll: Fall 2017
1. Black Clover
This fantasy manga adaptation comes from the producers of Naruto and Bleach. It looks like it will appeal to fans of classic coming-of-age fantasy stories—with a touch of sports anime rivalry between the two main characters.
“In a world where magic is everything, Asta and Yuno are both found abandoned at a church on the same day. While Yuno is gifted with exceptional magical powers, Asta is the only one in this world without any. At the age of fifteen, both receive grimoires, magic books that amplify their holder’s magic. Asta’s is a rare Grimoire of Anti-Magic that negates and repels his opponent’s spells.”
2. Food Wars! The Third Plate
This competitive cooking anime is about to launch its third season, so fans should mark their calendars. (And if you haven’t watched the show, maybe it’s time to binge-watch and catch up!) The new season will see Soma reach the top tier of chefs at Totsuki Academy, leading to an epic showdown at the school’s Moon Festival.
3. Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
Based on the night novel by writer Nisio Isin and illustrator Hikaru Nakamura, Juni Taisen is another new, simulcast series. It’s a violent urban fantasy epic about 12 warriors representing the signs of the zodiac, each battling the others for a unique prize: a wish. The trailer introduces the 12 lead characters, hinting at some brutal fight scenes along the way.
4. Ancient Magus’ Bride
If you’re into gothic drama, you should check out this dark yet oddly heartwarming tale of a girl who gets sold into slavery and then purchased to be the new apprentice of a skull-headed sorcerer. We predict a lot of debate over whether this story counts as “romance” or just plain fantasy/horror.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor