- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Thursday 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Thursday 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Thursday 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Thursday 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Thursday 11:55 AM
Crunchyroll‘s fall lineup arrives on Oct. 3, and we’re here with the top four highlights. Three are new anime series airing simultaneously in Japan and on Crunchyroll with subtitles, while the fourth is a returning hit, Food Wars.
Best new anime on Crunchyroll: Fall 2017
1. Black Clover
This fantasy manga adaptation comes from the producers of Naruto and Bleach. It looks like it will appeal to fans of classic coming-of-age fantasy stories—with a touch of sports anime rivalry between the two main characters.
“In a world where magic is everything, Asta and Yuno are both found abandoned at a church on the same day. While Yuno is gifted with exceptional magical powers, Asta is the only one in this world without any. At the age of fifteen, both receive grimoires, magic books that amplify their holder’s magic. Asta’s is a rare Grimoire of Anti-Magic that negates and repels his opponent’s spells.”
2. Food Wars! The Third Plate
This competitive cooking anime is about to launch its third season, so fans should mark their calendars. (And if you haven’t watched the show, maybe it’s time to binge-watch and catch up!) The new season will see Soma reach the top tier of chefs at Totsuki Academy, leading to an epic showdown at the school’s Moon Festival.
3. Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
Based on the night novel by writer Nisio Isin and illustrator Hikaru Nakamura, Juni Taisen is another new, simulcast series. It’s a violent urban fantasy epic about 12 warriors representing the signs of the zodiac, each battling the others for a unique prize: a wish. The trailer introduces the 12 lead characters, hinting at some brutal fight scenes along the way.
4. Ancient Magus’ Bride
If you’re into gothic drama, you should check out this dark yet oddly heartwarming tale of a girl who gets sold into slavery and then purchased to be the new apprentice of a skull-headed sorcerer. We predict a lot of debate over whether this story counts as “romance” or just plain fantasy/horror.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor