- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
Crunchyroll‘s fall lineup arrives on Oct. 3, and we’re here with the top four highlights. Three are new anime series airing simultaneously in Japan and on Crunchyroll with subtitles, while the fourth is a returning hit, Food Wars.
Best new anime on Crunchyroll: Fall 2017
1. Black Clover
This fantasy manga adaptation comes from the producers of Naruto and Bleach. It looks like it will appeal to fans of classic coming-of-age fantasy stories—with a touch of sports anime rivalry between the two main characters.
“In a world where magic is everything, Asta and Yuno are both found abandoned at a church on the same day. While Yuno is gifted with exceptional magical powers, Asta is the only one in this world without any. At the age of fifteen, both receive grimoires, magic books that amplify their holder’s magic. Asta’s is a rare Grimoire of Anti-Magic that negates and repels his opponent’s spells.”
2. Food Wars! The Third Plate
This competitive cooking anime is about to launch its third season, so fans should mark their calendars. (And if you haven’t watched the show, maybe it’s time to binge-watch and catch up!) The new season will see Soma reach the top tier of chefs at Totsuki Academy, leading to an epic showdown at the school’s Moon Festival.
3. Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
Based on the night novel by writer Nisio Isin and illustrator Hikaru Nakamura, Juni Taisen is another new, simulcast series. It’s a violent urban fantasy epic about 12 warriors representing the signs of the zodiac, each battling the others for a unique prize: a wish. The trailer introduces the 12 lead characters, hinting at some brutal fight scenes along the way.
4. Ancient Magus’ Bride
If you’re into gothic drama, you should check out this dark yet oddly heartwarming tale of a girl who gets sold into slavery and then purchased to be the new apprentice of a skull-headed sorcerer. We predict a lot of debate over whether this story counts as “romance” or just plain fantasy/horror.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor