- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
These four shows will arrive on Crunchyroll as soon as they air in Japan.
Crunchyroll‘s fall lineup arrives on Oct. 3, and we’re here with the top four highlights. Three are new anime series airing simultaneously in Japan and on Crunchyroll with subtitles, while the fourth is a returning hit, Food Wars.
Best new anime on Crunchyroll: Fall 2017
1. Black Clover
This fantasy manga adaptation comes from the producers of Naruto and Bleach. It looks like it will appeal to fans of classic coming-of-age fantasy stories—with a touch of sports anime rivalry between the two main characters.
“In a world where magic is everything, Asta and Yuno are both found abandoned at a church on the same day. While Yuno is gifted with exceptional magical powers, Asta is the only one in this world without any. At the age of fifteen, both receive grimoires, magic books that amplify their holder’s magic. Asta’s is a rare Grimoire of Anti-Magic that negates and repels his opponent’s spells.”
2. Food Wars! The Third Plate
This competitive cooking anime is about to launch its third season, so fans should mark their calendars. (And if you haven’t watched the show, maybe it’s time to binge-watch and catch up!) The new season will see Soma reach the top tier of chefs at Totsuki Academy, leading to an epic showdown at the school’s Moon Festival.
3. Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
Based on the night novel by writer Nisio Isin and illustrator Hikaru Nakamura, Juni Taisen is another new, simulcast series. It’s a violent urban fantasy epic about 12 warriors representing the signs of the zodiac, each battling the others for a unique prize: a wish. The trailer introduces the 12 lead characters, hinting at some brutal fight scenes along the way.
4. Ancient Magus’ Bride
If you’re into gothic drama, you should check out this dark yet oddly heartwarming tale of a girl who gets sold into slavery and then purchased to be the new apprentice of a skull-headed sorcerer. We predict a lot of debate over whether this story counts as “romance” or just plain fantasy/horror.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.