- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
The new ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ trailer just leaked—and it won’t last long
This trailer won’t be online for long!
The trailer opens with Thor crash-landing onto Peter Quill’s Milano ship, where the Guardians of the Galaxy—now joined by Mantis—wake him from a coma. Surprisingly for an Avengers film, the trailer includes a lot of screentime for the Guardians team, probably due to their connection with the supervillain Thanos.
We see some shots of the Avengers on Earth, along with Loki holding the Cosmic Cubet—the Infinity Gem from Captain America: The First Avenger. Then Peter Parker shows up on a bus for a brief moment of normalcy, before the trailer unleashes epic sci-fi destruction and a team-up between Peter, Tony Stark, and the Guardians.
We see some brief cameos from Black Panther, the Winter Soldier and others, although the most surprising new character is Captain America’s beard. That’s right, Marvel finally stopped making Chris Evans shave and dye his hair blond. Presumably this new look fits in with Steve Rogers’ post-Civil War role as an outlaw.
If you’re the kind of fan who follows Marvel movies for character arcs and relationships, you won’t get much out of this trailer. But if you’re invested in explosive action scenes and the Guardians of the Galaxy, it’s pretty exciting.
The trailer is still available on YouTube for now, but given Marvel’s intense response to previous leaks, it probably won’t be around for long.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor