- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Tuesday 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Tuesday 2:31 PM
Some guy kicked a kitten on Vine, and now the Internet’s after him
You don’t just kick a kitten and get away with it.
The Internet has brought out their pitchforks and torches to go after a Vine user that posted a clip of himself kicking a cat.
Walter Easley uploaded the six second footage to the video-sharing platform on July 28. The offending video went largely unnoticed until today, when it found its way to Reddit and 4chan. Users of both sites were predictably furious.
Update: Easly deleted the original Vine. Here’s a Gif.
On Reddit, a link to the video has shot up to the top of r/rage, a subcategory of the site reserved for incendiary content. That submission currently has 924 karma points and has received more than 300 comments, the lot of them condemning Easley for his behavior:
“To kick a cat you have to be a messed up person but to post it to vine like it’s funny, probably prompting other idiots to do the same thing, is unforgivable. This guy deserves whatever is coming to him.”
The response on 4chan has been even more intense. Mixed in with racial epithets, forum users have been dumping Easley’s personal information, including a Google maps screenshot of his possible home.
As per Easley, he’s only adding fuel to the fire by taunting those he’s pissed off. On Twitter, he laughed off people’s reactions.
Lol now I got somthing to laugh at all day
— ~WalterEasley~ (@SuckMy_Walt) August 11, 2013
He also posted another video on Vine in which he threatened to kick another cat, but that clip has since been taken down.
Photo via Walter Easley/Vine
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.