- Joe Biden really, really hates raves 6 Years Ago
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Today 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Today 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Today 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Today 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Today 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Today 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
Some guy kicked a kitten on Vine, and now the Internet’s after him
You don’t just kick a kitten and get away with it.
The Internet has brought out their pitchforks and torches to go after a Vine user that posted a clip of himself kicking a cat.
Walter Easley uploaded the six second footage to the video-sharing platform on July 28. The offending video went largely unnoticed until today, when it found its way to Reddit and 4chan. Users of both sites were predictably furious.
Update: Easly deleted the original Vine. Here’s a Gif.
On Reddit, a link to the video has shot up to the top of r/rage, a subcategory of the site reserved for incendiary content. That submission currently has 924 karma points and has received more than 300 comments, the lot of them condemning Easley for his behavior:
“To kick a cat you have to be a messed up person but to post it to vine like it’s funny, probably prompting other idiots to do the same thing, is unforgivable. This guy deserves whatever is coming to him.”
The response on 4chan has been even more intense. Mixed in with racial epithets, forum users have been dumping Easley’s personal information, including a Google maps screenshot of his possible home.
As per Easley, he’s only adding fuel to the fire by taunting those he’s pissed off. On Twitter, he laughed off people’s reactions.
Lol now I got somthing to laugh at all day
— ~WalterEasley~ (@SuckMy_Walt) August 11, 2013
He also posted another video on Vine in which he threatened to kick another cat, but that clip has since been taken down.
Photo via Walter Easley/Vine
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.