- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Tuesday 12:21 PM
Some guy kicked a kitten on Vine, and now the Internet’s after him
You don’t just kick a kitten and get away with it.
The Internet has brought out their pitchforks and torches to go after a Vine user that posted a clip of himself kicking a cat.
Walter Easley uploaded the six second footage to the video-sharing platform on July 28. The offending video went largely unnoticed until today, when it found its way to Reddit and 4chan. Users of both sites were predictably furious.
Update: Easly deleted the original Vine. Here’s a Gif.
On Reddit, a link to the video has shot up to the top of r/rage, a subcategory of the site reserved for incendiary content. That submission currently has 924 karma points and has received more than 300 comments, the lot of them condemning Easley for his behavior:
“To kick a cat you have to be a messed up person but to post it to vine like it’s funny, probably prompting other idiots to do the same thing, is unforgivable. This guy deserves whatever is coming to him.”
The response on 4chan has been even more intense. Mixed in with racial epithets, forum users have been dumping Easley’s personal information, including a Google maps screenshot of his possible home.
As per Easley, he’s only adding fuel to the fire by taunting those he’s pissed off. On Twitter, he laughed off people’s reactions.
Lol now I got somthing to laugh at all day
— ~WalterEasley~ (@SuckMy_Walt) August 11, 2013
He also posted another video on Vine in which he threatened to kick another cat, but that clip has since been taken down.
Photo via Walter Easley/Vine
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.