- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Trapped U.S. bobsledder goes Kool-Aid Man on hotel bathroom door
With the Winter Olympic games underway, there is one major gripe that seems to be universal: the dismal state of accommodations in Sochi, Russia.
Visitors, journalists, and athletes have been tweeting about their troubles, from plumbing disasters to having stray dogs and construction workers wandering still unfinished hotels rooms.
But, a story this morning from U.S. bobsledder Johnny Quinn might take home the gold for “worst Sochi hotel experience.” He got out of the shower to find that his bathroom door was jammed, trapping him inside.
With no cellphone to call for help, he decided he had no other choice than to break through the door, Kool-Aid Man style.
— Johnny Quinn (@JohnnyQuinnUSA) February 8, 2014
Against Quinn, a former professional NFL player who’s in prime condition for the bobsled competition, the cardboard door didn’t stand a chance.
GIF via liquidatomicgonads.tumblr.com
Photo by johnnyquinnusa/Instagram
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.