- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Today 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Today 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Today 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Today 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Today 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Today 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Today 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
Trapped U.S. bobsledder goes Kool-Aid Man on hotel bathroom door
With the Winter Olympic games underway, there is one major gripe that seems to be universal: the dismal state of accommodations in Sochi, Russia.
Visitors, journalists, and athletes have been tweeting about their troubles, from plumbing disasters to having stray dogs and construction workers wandering still unfinished hotels rooms.
But, a story this morning from U.S. bobsledder Johnny Quinn might take home the gold for “worst Sochi hotel experience.” He got out of the shower to find that his bathroom door was jammed, trapping him inside.
With no cellphone to call for help, he decided he had no other choice than to break through the door, Kool-Aid Man style.
— Johnny Quinn (@JohnnyQuinnUSA) February 8, 2014
Against Quinn, a former professional NFL player who’s in prime condition for the bobsled competition, the cardboard door didn’t stand a chance.
GIF via liquidatomicgonads.tumblr.com
Photo by johnnyquinnusa/Instagram
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.