- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take 7 Months Ago
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Today 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Today 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Today 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Today 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Today 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
Yesterday, President Donald Trump‘s former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen accepted a plea deal where he admitted to violating campaign finance law during the 2016 election. Today, as is to be expected, the president did a tweet.
If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 22, 2018
“If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!” he wrote.
Is that kinda funny? It’s kind of funny, given that it’s true a convicted felon who will soon be disbarred is not a good choice for a lawyer.
There’s just one problem with that. Pretty much only one person over the past decade hired Michael Cohen as a lawyer.
And while Cohen flipped on Trump, prompting this tweet, Cohen was actually a pretty good fixer for Trump, quietly arranging two payments that kept two women silent, when their stories might have cost Trump the presidency if they got out. So maybe you should hire him?
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]