- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Today 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Today 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Today 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Today 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
Yesterday, President Donald Trump‘s former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen accepted a plea deal where he admitted to violating campaign finance law during the 2016 election. Today, as is to be expected, the president did a tweet.
If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 22, 2018
“If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!” he wrote.
Is that kinda funny? It’s kind of funny, given that it’s true a convicted felon who will soon be disbarred is not a good choice for a lawyer.
There’s just one problem with that. Pretty much only one person over the past decade hired Michael Cohen as a lawyer.
And while Cohen flipped on Trump, prompting this tweet, Cohen was actually a pretty good fixer for Trump, quietly arranging two payments that kept two women silent, when their stories might have cost Trump the presidency if they got out. So maybe you should hire him?
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]