- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
Trump’s lawyer tweeted a photo of his daughter in lingerie—and people are grossed out
After Micahel Cohen tweeted the photo, things got weird quickly.
Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, drew swift reactions from Twitter users after he posted a black-and-white photo of his daughter wearing a bra and stockings on Sunday night.
“So proud of my Ivy League daughter…brains and beauty channeling her Edie Sedgwick,” Cohen said, adding a link to his daughter’s Instagram account.
After Cohen tweeted the photo, things got weird quickly—with one Twitter user calling Cohen “Mr. Creepypants.”
So proud of my Ivy League daughter...brains and beauty channeling her Edie Sedgwick. On Instagram @samichka_ pic.twitter.com/mpQxhr3mh3— Michael Cohen (@MichaelCohen212) May 15, 2017
Another Twitter user replied to Cohen’s picture by saying, “POTUS wants to date his daughter, the VP calls his wife ‘mother,’ and DJT’s attorney posts spank-bank material of his daughter.”
Cohen simply replied: “Jealous?”
Cohen’s one-word response caught the attention 960 people in particular, who generated a flood of tweets expressing their revulsion.
Cohen actually replied to one of the people who weren’t fond of the post, calling them a “#hater.”
Shannon Coulter, a co-founder of the Grab Your Wallet campaign, didn’t seem to think Cohen—who has defended Trump on a number of different controversial issues—should be celebrating the work of Sedgwick.
Coulter posted a picture of Sedgwick that Cohen’s daughter appeared to be emulating.
In a series of tweets, Coulter said: “Edie Sedgwick bucked social norms for women in the mid-1960’s. If you’d been her dad, you’d have been angry and terrified. Gaze is not demure and downward. It is direct. She is not sitting on draped furniture. She is sitting on a man as if he was furniture. Sedgwick represented the epitome of the modern female sexuality the Trump administration is doing everything in its power to suppress. She was an original who would have detested Donald Trump & anyone who helped or represented him. Keep her name out of your mouth.”
In October, Cohen drew ire when he seemed to imply that women coming forward and accusing Trump of sexual harassment were not attractive enough for the president.
“I think what Mr. Trump is really trying to say is that they’re not somebody that he would be attracted to, and therefore the whole thing is nonsense,” Cohen said during an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).