- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
Donald Trump Jr. on Tuesday posted a quote from Hunter Biden about getting privileges because of his last name in an attempt to mock him, before being mocked himself for having a lack of self-awareness.
The quote from Biden that Trump Jr. tried to mock him for came from an interview the former vice president’s son had with ABC News.
President Donald Trump has tried to cast suspicion on Biden’s son for having been on the board of a Ukrainian company, and a conversation he had with the president about the company suggesting that his authorities look into him is at the center of growing calls for impeachment.
During the interview, he was asked whether he would have been on the board of the company if his last name wasn’t Biden.
“I don’t know, I don’t know, probably not,” he said. “But I don’t think there’s a lot of things that would have happened in my life if my last name wasn’t Biden.”
Following Biden’s interview, Trump Jr. felt the need to chime in on that particular point.
“Dumpster fire at Biden HQ! ‘It is impossible for me to be on any of the boards I just mentioned without saying that I’m the son of the vice president of the US. I don’t think that there’s a lot of things that would have happen in my life that if my name wasn’t Biden’ Hunter Biden,” Trump Jr. tweeted on Tuesday.
Dumpster fire at Biden HQ! “It is impossible for me to be on any of the boards I just mentioned without saying that I’m the son of the vice president of the US. I don’t think that there’s a lot of things that would have happen in my life that if my name wasn’t Biden” Hunter Biden— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) October 15, 2019
Trump Jr.’s tweet was quickly mocked–as he too has benefited from having a famous father.
Imagine being *this* lacking in self-awareness. https://t.co/rVQW9HiC5n— Kevin M. Kruse (@KevinMKruse) October 15, 2019
Nobody self owns better than DTJ! https://t.co/TDEl3usen1— Randi Great and Unmatched Wisdom Singer (@rmayemsinger) October 15, 2019
Irony is dead. https://t.co/a62vQcwE5T— Ken Dilanian (@KenDilanianNBC) October 15, 2019
dude your name is literally your dad's full name https://t.co/1Jt9aFvW1C— Chase Mitchell (@ChaseMit) October 15, 2019
I present to you, DONALD TRUMP JUNIOR.— A Feral ThunderCat Ⓥ (Adventure Nipples) (@xtineogle) October 15, 2019
Clearly the least self-aware of the Trump children and dumbest motherfucker on the planet. https://t.co/u66m1Z50BT
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).