- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist 4 Weeks Ago
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Today 11:24 AM
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why is everyone debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half Today 6:30 AM
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from the impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
Donald Trump Jr. on Tuesday posted a quote from Hunter Biden about getting privileges because of his last name in an attempt to mock him, before being mocked himself for having a lack of self-awareness.
The quote from Biden that Trump Jr. tried to mock him for came from an interview the former vice president’s son had with ABC News.
President Donald Trump has tried to cast suspicion on Biden’s son for having been on the board of a Ukrainian company, and a conversation he had with the president about the company suggesting that his authorities look into him is at the center of growing calls for impeachment.
During the interview, he was asked whether he would have been on the board of the company if his last name wasn’t Biden.
“I don’t know, I don’t know, probably not,” he said. “But I don’t think there’s a lot of things that would have happened in my life if my last name wasn’t Biden.”
Following Biden’s interview, Trump Jr. felt the need to chime in on that particular point.
“Dumpster fire at Biden HQ! ‘It is impossible for me to be on any of the boards I just mentioned without saying that I’m the son of the vice president of the US. I don’t think that there’s a lot of things that would have happen in my life that if my name wasn’t Biden’ Hunter Biden,” Trump Jr. tweeted on Tuesday.
Dumpster fire at Biden HQ! “It is impossible for me to be on any of the boards I just mentioned without saying that I’m the son of the vice president of the US. I don’t think that there’s a lot of things that would have happen in my life that if my name wasn’t Biden” Hunter Biden— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) October 15, 2019
Trump Jr.’s tweet was quickly mocked–as he too has benefited from having a famous father.
Imagine being *this* lacking in self-awareness. https://t.co/rVQW9HiC5n— Kevin M. Kruse (@KevinMKruse) October 15, 2019
Nobody self owns better than DTJ! https://t.co/TDEl3usen1— Randi Great and Unmatched Wisdom Singer (@rmayemsinger) October 15, 2019
Irony is dead. https://t.co/a62vQcwE5T— Ken Dilanian (@KenDilanianNBC) October 15, 2019
dude your name is literally your dad's full name https://t.co/1Jt9aFvW1C— Chase Mitchell (@ChaseMit) October 15, 2019
I present to you, DONALD TRUMP JUNIOR.— A Feral ThunderCat Ⓥ (Adventure Nipples) (@xtineogle) October 15, 2019
Clearly the least self-aware of the Trump children and dumbest motherfucker on the planet. https://t.co/u66m1Z50BT
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).