- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Friday 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Friday 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Friday 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Friday 9:19 AM
Last week, InTouch Weekly released a full transcript of their interview with adult film actress Stormy Daniels, where she discusses an affair with Trump. In it, Daniels recounted how the now-president is “terrified of sharks.”
Daniels said she met with Trump in Beverly Hills where he was “obsessed” with an episode of Shark Week that apparently depicted the worst shark attack in history. That’s when he made his hatred of sharks clear, Daniels remembered.
“I donate to all these charities and I would never donate to any charity that helps sharks. I hope all the sharks die,’” Daniels said he told her.
Well, not everyone feels the same way.
MarketWatch reports that the president’s anti-shark stance has resulted in a boost of donations for nonprofits like Atlantic White Shark Conservancy and Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.
“We have been receiving donations in Trump’s name since the story was published,” Cynthia Wilgren, chief executive officer and co-founder of Atlantic White Shark Conservancy, told the news outlet.
Another shark nonprofit founder, Paul Watson of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, said Trump’s fear of the ocean predators was unfounded. In fact, he told the news outlet, Trump’s favorite activity–golf–is actually more dangerous than sharks.
“Quite a few more die from lightning strikes and bee stings while playing golf than from sharks,” Watson said.
You can read MarketWatch’s article about the donations uptick here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).