- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) announced on Wednesday that he would not be seeking reelection this year but imagine his excitement at having already been offered a new job, as a roadie for rockers Papa Roach.
The opportunity comes just one year after the defeat of the Republican Party’s Obamacare replacement bill, when Republicans were grappling with the massive failure of their signature legislative priority.
In the wake, one internet wisecracker imagined Ryan listening to the alternative-metal band’s early-2000s hit”‘Last Resort,” which many mainstream organizations believed to be true.
ooof the kicker on this New York Times story... pic.twitter.com/YO6Wq3k5vK— Justin Halpern (@justin_halpern) March 24, 2017
So, when the Republican lawmaker confirmed he would not be running for another term in office, people were already speculating about a pairing.
I hope Papa Roach is available to play Paul Ryan's retirement party.— Alex Zalben (@azalben) April 11, 2018
Then the band promoted the vacancy to him. There is a catch, though. Thanks to Ryan’s inability to provide a solution to Obamacare, the new position doesn’t come with healthcare.
Heard Paul Ryan is looking for a new gig? We have a Roadie position open - doesn't come with Healthcare though ...— Papa Roach (@paparoach) April 11, 2018
The internet, as expected, loved it.
PAPA ROACH JUST CUT RYAN INTO PIECES https://t.co/szlBloi2iV— Courtney Enlow (@courtenlow) April 11, 2018
YA BEEN 'ROACHED, SON https://t.co/3JV0hIlBcC— Brock Wilbur (@brockwilbur) April 11, 2018
Other fans were a little pissed at the rockers’ Twitter political jab, but they reassured everyone that it was “all in good fun.”
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology.