- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) announced on Wednesday that he would not be seeking reelection this year but imagine his excitement at having already been offered a new job, as a roadie for rockers Papa Roach.
The opportunity comes just one year after the defeat of the Republican Party’s Obamacare replacement bill, when Republicans were grappling with the massive failure of their signature legislative priority.
In the wake, one internet wisecracker imagined Ryan listening to the alternative-metal band’s early-2000s hit”‘Last Resort,” which many mainstream organizations believed to be true.
ooof the kicker on this New York Times story... pic.twitter.com/YO6Wq3k5vK— Justin Halpern (@justin_halpern) March 24, 2017
So, when the Republican lawmaker confirmed he would not be running for another term in office, people were already speculating about a pairing.
I hope Papa Roach is available to play Paul Ryan's retirement party.— Alex Zalben (@azalben) April 11, 2018
Then the band promoted the vacancy to him. There is a catch, though. Thanks to Ryan’s inability to provide a solution to Obamacare, the new position doesn’t come with healthcare.
Heard Paul Ryan is looking for a new gig? We have a Roadie position open - doesn't come with Healthcare though ...— Papa Roach (@paparoach) April 11, 2018
The internet, as expected, loved it.
PAPA ROACH JUST CUT RYAN INTO PIECES https://t.co/szlBloi2iV— Courtney Enlow (@courtenlow) April 11, 2018
YA BEEN 'ROACHED, SON https://t.co/3JV0hIlBcC— Brock Wilbur (@brockwilbur) April 11, 2018
Other fans were a little pissed at the rockers’ Twitter political jab, but they reassured everyone that it was “all in good fun.”
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology.