- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ 2 Years Ago
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee tries really hard to be funny on Twitter.
He’s joked about the Supreme Court nomination of Neil Gorsuch and Democratic reactions to it, made a racist joke about North Korean people eating dogs, and once joked that CNN would create a social media platform called “FakeBook.”
If that wasn’t enough, he’s also tweeted racist things about Mexicans and Mexican-Americans on Cinco de Mayo, and was criticized for making a transphobic joke.
Very riveting stuff.
On Thursday, the former governor decided he’d crack a joke about the ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election—just hours after new court documents showed Special Counsel Robert Mueller had authority to investigate whether President Donald Trump‘s campaign chairman Paul Manafort was “colluding with Russian government officials.”
This isn’t the first time Huckabee has decided that the investigation was joke-fodder (one time he joked about eating Russian salad dressing). But he decided to do it again on Thursday–this time with a hint of both butt and Michael Jackson humor on the side.
“Had a colonoscopy today. My doctor was actually Russian. Now THAT is what I call RUSSIAN MEDDLING! They put me to sleep w/ same stuff Michael Jackon used. When I woke up, I MOON-walked right out of the hospital!” he wrote.
Had a colonoscopy today. My doctor was actually Russian. Now THAT is what I call RUSSIAN MEDDLING! They put me to sleep w/ same stuff Michael Jackon used. When I woke up, I MOON-walked right out of the hospital!— Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee) April 3, 2018
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).