- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free 6 Months Ago
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
Laura Loomer is the latest conservative firebrand claiming to be banned from Facebook (updated)
However, her page still appears to be up.
On Aug. 12, conservative media personality Laura Loomer tweeted that her Facebook page had been removed from Facebook.
“Facebook just UNPUBLISHED my page. Less than 24 hrs ago, I confronted 2 Jihadi candidates for Congress. I use my Facebook to publish my video exposés of Jew hatred, terrorism, and Left- wing politicians. Facebook and @Twitter are trying to influence the 2018 US elections,” said Loomer.
Facebook just UNPUBLISHED my page.
Less than 24 hrs ago, I confronted 2 Jihadi candidates for Congress. I use my Facebook to publish my video exposés of Jew hatred, terrorism, and Left- wing politicians.
— Laura Loomer (@LauraLoomer) August 12, 2018
Despite her complaint, Loomer’s Facebook page is up as of this writing, and the videos are still available to view. When reached, representatives from Facebook said Loomer’s page had been unpublished in error and had been restored.
MUST WATCH: I confronted Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar, two Jihadi US candidates with connections to terror organizations.They have both expressed hatred towards Jewish people, & are campaigning w/ pro-HAMAS Linda Sarsour, & CAIR, which is a terror org.Follow Laura Loomer on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/LauraLoomer Follow Laura Loomer on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lauraloomero…Subscribe to Laura Loomer's website: https://www.lauraloomer.us Support Laura Loomer's investigative journalism: https://www.paypal.me/lauraloomer https://www.patreon.com/lauraloomer
Posted by Laura Loomer on Saturday, August 11, 2018
However, Loomer is on a 30-day temporary block, meaning that she cannot post, like or comment, due to a violation of Facebook’s community guidelines.
Loomer’s block follows Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, and Facebook’s removal of Alex Jones’ content from their platforms last week. The action spurred an outcry from Jones and his supporters, with Jones calling on his viewers to donate money and purchase the supplements and survivalist gear he hawks on his website, according to the New York Times.
Facebook’s action comes on the heels of a confrontation between Loomer and Rashida Tlaib, a Palestinian Muslim woman who won Michigan’s Democratic primary for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, and Minnesota State Rep. Ilhan Omar (D), at a campaign event for Omar at Minneapolis’ Holy Land deli.
Loomer posted a heavily-edited video, in which she peppered Tlaib with questions about her Palestinian heritage, including, “What about your Jewish constituents,” and “Why is she so hateful against Israel,” to her Facebook page.
She also asked Rep. Omar why she married her brother, a claim which Omar has refuted.
Loomer, who is Jewish, has been traveling the country “investigating” Muslim candidates for office, calling them Jihadis on her Twitter feed.
Loomer is a supporter of Alex Jones, appearing on his show to discuss the “big tech censorship of Conservatives like Alex and myself, as well as the subversion of Jihadis into the U.S. government.”
I’ll be on the @RealAlexJones show at 2:30 pm EST today discussing big tech censorship of Conservatives like Alex and myself, as well as the subversion of Jihadis into the US Government.
This is a report you don’t want to miss.
— Laura Loomer (@LauraLoomer) August 13, 2018
Loomer is also a former member of Project Veritas, a conservative enterprise run by James O’Keefe that uses subterfuge and misleading editing tactics to “expose” progressive groups like ACORN and Planned Parenthood.
Loomer did not respond to request for comment by press time.
This story has been updated.
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.