- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
Wednesday’s climate change-focused forum hosted by CNN was a welcome chance for candidates to get away from the scandal, gaffe, and drama driven news cycle of the election and explain real policy platforms and solutions for one of America’s most pressing issues.
Biden has attempted to lead on climate change, dropping a massive plan earlier this year to shrink carbon emissions by 2050 (that may have been plagiarized, but oh well), and talk about an issue he cares about and plans to lead on—oh no his eye exploded.
The Eye of Biden the Terrible few could endure. pic.twitter.com/sTI6EM0Ld6— Josh Jordan (@NumbersMuncher) September 5, 2019
Ummm, is Joe Biden okay?— Students For Trump (@TrumpStudents) September 5, 2019
His left eye is completely bloody...pic.twitter.com/Qq38vdO0pF
It could mean nothing for the 76-year-old. It’s happened to many a person much younger.
But it sure won’t quell concerns about his fitness for office, especially when his team, moments before it happened, dropped a tweet about not turning a blind eye to climate change.
We can't turn a blind eye to the way in which environmental burdens are distributed unevenly along racial and socioeconomic lines.— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) September 5, 2019
Biden will right these wrongs and stand up to fossil fuel companies who disproportionately harm communities of color and low-income communities.
Talk about impressive timing.
Don’t turn a Bloodshot eye either. pic.twitter.com/qNMo6wHkWQ— ALX 🇺🇸 🎃 (@alx) September 5, 2019
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]