- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says 3 Months Ago
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 3 Months Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend 3 Months Ago
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
Wednesday’s climate change-focused forum hosted by CNN was a welcome chance for candidates to get away from the scandal, gaffe, and drama driven news cycle of the election and explain real policy platforms and solutions for one of America’s most pressing issues.
Biden has attempted to lead on climate change, dropping a massive plan earlier this year to shrink carbon emissions by 2050 (that may have been plagiarized, but oh well), and talk about an issue he cares about and plans to lead on—oh no his eye exploded.
The Eye of Biden the Terrible few could endure. pic.twitter.com/sTI6EM0Ld6— Josh Jordan (@NumbersMuncher) September 5, 2019
Ummm, is Joe Biden okay?— Students For Trump (@TrumpStudents) September 5, 2019
His left eye is completely bloody...pic.twitter.com/Qq38vdO0pF
It could mean nothing for the 76-year-old. It’s happened to many a person much younger.
But it sure won’t quell concerns about his fitness for office, especially when his team, moments before it happened, dropped a tweet about not turning a blind eye to climate change.
We can't turn a blind eye to the way in which environmental burdens are distributed unevenly along racial and socioeconomic lines.— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) September 5, 2019
Biden will right these wrongs and stand up to fossil fuel companies who disproportionately harm communities of color and low-income communities.
Talk about impressive timing.
Don’t turn a Bloodshot eye either. pic.twitter.com/qNMo6wHkWQ— ALX 🇺🇸 (@alx) September 5, 2019
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]