- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
Russia meddled in the election and we can’t trust them. BUT can we trust Clapper, Comey, McCabe, and Strzok?— Rep. Jim Jordan (@Jim_Jordan) July 17, 2018
His somewhat derivative, day-late stance about the FBI and intelligence agencies’ assessment that Russia interfered to help Trump get elected shouldn’t be taken as gospel—especially since it alludes to said agencies all conspiring to elect Hillary Clinton.
Then why did over 17,000 people reply to it?
Maybe because Jordan is currently being accused of doing his own conspiring, in which he allegedly ignored rampant sexual abuse while he was an assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State. His focus on “trust” is an interesting one.
After the recent revelations from Ohio State, you don't get to question other people's trustworthiness anymore. https://t.co/FT3S8bISqQ— Kevin M. Kruse (@KevinMKruse) July 17, 2018
Can we trust a congressman who covered up sexual assault at OSU? https://t.co/UJTdZCajYe— Bob Cesca (@bobcesca_go) July 17, 2018
You refused to help college boys who were being sexually molested, and then you lied about it. You currently have 11 accusers. And you want to talk about trust? https://t.co/QCPDY5y8M7#JordanKnew https://t.co/0IoAFUKlos— John Aravosis (@aravosis) July 17, 2018
Could your wrestling team trust you to defend them against being molested by the team doctor? https://t.co/iUNOHUdssP— Lawrence O'Donnell (@Lawrence) July 17, 2018
This is a seriously flawed equivalent, Congressman. We can trust Clapper Comey McCabe & Strzok a hell of a lot more than Republicans. And we certainly can’t trust a member of congress who willfully refused to protect his students from sexual abuse. You absolutely need to resign.— DPTBW ☘️ (@DPTBW) July 17, 2018
You have zero credibility Jordan. Your time is coming. You will be voted out Bigly in November. Then maybe you can think about making amends to those former wrestlers you did not protect. How can you look yourself in the mirror everyday ?— VoteThemOut (@mnboss1) July 17, 2018
Jordan is steadfastly denying the allegations against him, saying they are part of a deep state conspiracy, one different from the deep state that conspired to help Hillary Clinton.
Or maybe the same one. Who knows anymore.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]