- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Jared Kushner, President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior advisor, is working on a plan to reform the U.S. immigration system. But the plan so far doesn’t seem to be as “comprehensive” as some would like to think.
On Thursday, Vox journalist Aaron Rupar called out Fox News on “touting” the not-so-comprehensive plan, which was outlined in a graphic with only two bullet points: “border security ” and “legal immigration.”
Fox News is touting a "comprehensive immigration plan" being put together by Jared Kushner that contains all of two elements: BORDER SECURITY and LEGAL IMMIGRATION. #BeyondParody pic.twitter.com/fcRgz1BoDK
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) April 25, 2019
CNN reports that the border security pillar of the plan will include “constructing physical barriers where needed” on the border so that anyone or anything passing through is surveilled. The “legal immigration” section proposes a merit-based system for accepting new immigrants. But details are still sparse.
On Twitter, people roasted Kushner with suggestions for other “comprehensive” reform plans. If Kushner were to compile a healthcare reform plan, for example, it might encompass “illness” and “disease.”
Superboy Kushner has a new comprehensive Healthcare plan too: pic.twitter.com/j1PwgUevDZ
— Facts Do Matter (@WilDonnelly) April 25, 2019
A plan for peace in the Middle East? A Kushner-like plan might just call for “peace.”
Kushner's "Mideast peace plan" is even more comprehensive
— Bad Fox Graphics (@BadFoxGraphics) April 25, 2019
According to CNN, Kushner discussed his new immigration plan in an interview at the 2019 Time 100 Summit on Tuesday. Kushner said that “the president asked me to work on this topic” but that “this isn’t one of the topics that I came to Washington to work on.”
Kushner is expected to relay his plan to Trump, who can then suggest changes.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.