- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Jared Kushner, President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior advisor, is working on a plan to reform the U.S. immigration system. But the plan so far doesn’t seem to be as “comprehensive” as some would like to think.
On Thursday, Vox journalist Aaron Rupar called out Fox News on “touting” the not-so-comprehensive plan, which was outlined in a graphic with only two bullet points: “border security ” and “legal immigration.”
Fox News is touting a "comprehensive immigration plan" being put together by Jared Kushner that contains all of two elements: BORDER SECURITY and LEGAL IMMIGRATION. #BeyondParody pic.twitter.com/fcRgz1BoDK— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) April 25, 2019
CNN reports that the border security pillar of the plan will include “constructing physical barriers where needed” on the border so that anyone or anything passing through is surveilled. The “legal immigration” section proposes a merit-based system for accepting new immigrants. But details are still sparse.
On Twitter, people roasted Kushner with suggestions for other “comprehensive” reform plans. If Kushner were to compile a healthcare reform plan, for example, it might encompass “illness” and “disease.”
Superboy Kushner has a new comprehensive Healthcare plan too: pic.twitter.com/j1PwgUevDZ— Facts Do Matter (@WilDonnelly) April 25, 2019
A plan for peace in the Middle East? A Kushner-like plan might just call for “peace.”
Kushner's "Mideast peace plan" is even more comprehensive— Bad Fox Graphics (@BadFoxGraphics) April 25, 2019
According to CNN, Kushner discussed his new immigration plan in an interview at the 2019 Time 100 Summit on Tuesday. Kushner said that “the president asked me to work on this topic” but that “this isn’t one of the topics that I came to Washington to work on.”
Kushner is expected to relay his plan to Trump, who can then suggest changes.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.