- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
Taking a cue from his father, Donald Trump Jr. tweeted a head-scratching, racism-fueled mangled metaphor last night, in which he equated a handful of Syrian refugees to poisonous Skittles.
Screengrab via Donald Trump Jr./Twitter
Above the image of the Skittles—of which “three could kill you,” much like “our Syrian refugee problem”—the son of the Republican presidential nominee wrote, “Let’s end the politically correct agenda that doesn’t put America first.”
A few also note that the image has been associated with other racist memes.
But the meme may have gained the most popularity when it was used as a feminist argument a few years ago that men can’t be trusted—which is ironic to say the least.
Screengrab via Imgur
Two years ago, the feminist image was posted on Reddit, with many men decrying it as garbage. Which isn’t much different from what people are saying today about Trump Jr.’s post today.
TRUMP choose, boy!
TRUMP JR cries, reaches trembling hand into gaudy crystal bowl full of skittles
— Saladin Ahmed (@saladinahmed) September 20, 2016
That Trump meme is ridiculous. Skittles only get you killed when combined with Arizona tea and George Zimmerman.
— Alan Mundy (@idontwan2know) September 20, 2016
When reached for comment, a Skittles spokesperson provided the following statement to reporter Seth Abramovitch:
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.