- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? 1 Year Ago
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
President Donald Trump once called Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) “Lyin’ Ted.” While the senator might wish everyone had forgotten all about that, his opponent Beto O’Rourke revived the nickname during Tuesday night’s debate in San Antonio.
O’Rourke’s comment came in response to Cruz’s criticism of the Democrat’s desire for a tax on oil production.
“Senator Cruz is not going to be honest with you,” O’Rourke said. “It’s why the president called him Lyin’ Ted, and it’s why the nickname stuck. Because it’s true.”
Beto slams Cruz: ”Senator Cruz is not gonna be honest with you. He’s gonna make up positions and votes I’ve never held or taken. He’s dishonest. It’s why the President called him lyin’ Ted, and the nickname stuck, because it’s true.” #TeamBeto #TexasDebate pic.twitter.com/jbS4T2AHjG— Scott Dworkin (@funder) October 17, 2018
Cruz laughed it off and tried to turn attention back to polls that show the Democrat falling behind the Republican.
“Well it’s clear Congressman O’Rourke’s pollsters told him to come out on the attack,” Cruz said.
Trump referred to his then-presidential opponent Cruz as “Lyin’ Cruz” repeatedly during his 2016 campaign.
Lyin'Ted Cruz is weak & losing big, so now he wants to debate again. But, according to Drudge,Time and on-line polls, I have won all debates— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 29, 2016
Wow, Lyin' Ted Cruz really went wacko today. Made all sorts of crazy charges. Can't function under pressure - not very presidential. Sad!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 3, 2016
Going to Salt Lake City, Utah, for a big rally. Lyin' Ted Cruz should not be allowed to win there - Mormons don't like LIARS! I beat Hillary— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 18, 2016
Failed presidential candidate Mitt Romney, the man who "choked" and let us all down, is now endorsing Lyin' Ted Cruz. This is good for me!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 18, 2016
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.