- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism 11 Months Ago
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire 11 Months Ago
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction 11 Months Ago
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained 11 Months Ago
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Today 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Today 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
- Facebook is experimenting with apps targeting teens Today 12:21 PM
- #LiveFromTheArea51Raid: Memes and highlights from the desert Today 12:06 PM
President Donald Trump once called Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) “Lyin’ Ted.” While the senator might wish everyone had forgotten all about that, his opponent Beto O’Rourke revived the nickname during Tuesday night’s debate in San Antonio.
O’Rourke’s comment came in response to Cruz’s criticism of the Democrat’s desire for a tax on oil production.
“Senator Cruz is not going to be honest with you,” O’Rourke said. “It’s why the president called him Lyin’ Ted, and it’s why the nickname stuck. Because it’s true.”
Beto slams Cruz: ”Senator Cruz is not gonna be honest with you. He’s gonna make up positions and votes I’ve never held or taken. He’s dishonest. It’s why the President called him lyin’ Ted, and the nickname stuck, because it’s true.” #TeamBeto #TexasDebate pic.twitter.com/jbS4T2AHjG— Scott Dworkin (@funder) October 17, 2018
Cruz laughed it off and tried to turn attention back to polls that show the Democrat falling behind the Republican.
“Well it’s clear Congressman O’Rourke’s pollsters told him to come out on the attack,” Cruz said.
Trump referred to his then-presidential opponent Cruz as “Lyin’ Cruz” repeatedly during his 2016 campaign.
Lyin'Ted Cruz is weak & losing big, so now he wants to debate again. But, according to Drudge,Time and on-line polls, I have won all debates— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 29, 2016
Wow, Lyin' Ted Cruz really went wacko today. Made all sorts of crazy charges. Can't function under pressure - not very presidential. Sad!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 3, 2016
Going to Salt Lake City, Utah, for a big rally. Lyin' Ted Cruz should not be allowed to win there - Mormons don't like LIARS! I beat Hillary— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 18, 2016
Failed presidential candidate Mitt Romney, the man who "choked" and let us all down, is now endorsing Lyin' Ted Cruz. This is good for me!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 18, 2016
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.