- Nick Cannon is reportedly playing his Eminem diss track on repeat 2 Months Ago
- College quarterback blasted by ex-girlfriend in savage AF breakup TikTok Today 12:27 PM
- Hallmark pulls ad featuring lesbian couple after conservative protest Today 11:27 AM
- Actress’ tweet calling out fellow passenger for not moving seats backfires Today 10:43 AM
- The 10 most influential hashtags of the decade Today 6:30 AM
- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
Sanders, who recently suffered a heart attack, was asked by a moderator about his health as part of a larger discussion about the age of a potential president.
The Vermont senator quickly tried to assure that he was in good health. Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) interjected, noting that Sanders was in favor of medical marijuana use.
In response, Sanders joked that he was “not on it tonight.”
Here’s the full exchange:
“I’m healthy, I’m feeling great…,” Sanders said in response to the question about a president’s age.
“Senator Sanders is in favor of medical marijuana, I want to make sure that’s clear as well,” Booker said.
“That’s true. I’m not on it tonight,” Sanders said, smiling.
(Moderator tries to pivot from opioids/pot to Bernie’s health)— Dan Diamond (@ddiamond) October 16, 2019
SANDERS: I’m healthy, I’m feeling great, but I would like to respond to that question.
BOOKER: Senator Sanders is in favor of medical marijuana, I want to make that clear.
SANDERS: I’m not on it tonight. pic.twitter.com/BBlyMcDcfD
The response from Sanders drew applause and laughter from the audience at the debate.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).