- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
Democratic Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez became an overnight political sensation when she defeated Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y.) in a stunning victory on Tuesday in the New York Democratic primary race. Many had viewed her opponent as a prospective House leader, and the 28-year-old former Bernie Sander organizer went from being a virtual unknown without her own Wikipedia page to part of the national discourse in a matter of just days.
After beating the 10-time incumbent rather handily in the Democratic primary—she’ll face Republican Anthony Pappas in November’s general election—people are absolutely taken with Ocasio-Cortez, and apparently, that extends to her personal style, as well.
During a primary debate earlier this month, Ocasio-Cortez wore a striking shade of matte red lipstick, and that led to people asking her about it on Twitter. “I have been getting many inquiries about my debate lip color in the last two days,” she tweeted to her followers earlier this month. “I GOT YOU. It’s Stila ‘Stay All Day’ Liquid in Beso.”
I have been getting many inquiries about my debate lip color in the last two days.— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) June 17, 2018
I GOT YOU.
It’s Stila “Stay All Day” Liquid in Beso. 💄 pic.twitter.com/xhkxSXZXCO
Now, the lipstick shade is completely sold out online on both Stila and Sephora’s websites. If Ocasio-Cortez’s influence on young female voters wasn’t already apparent enough, her ability to sell lipstick is also rather impressive.
But admirers fear not—because a quick Google search has turned up that the shade still is available at Amazon for the retail price of $22. It’ss listed as a “#1 Best Seller” in lipstick. Better get it while you still can because it likely won’t last long there, either.
- Who’s going to challenge Trump in 2020? Here are the super-early contenders
- What is socialism, really?
- Could Bernie Sanders run—and win—in 2020?
- Trump impeachment: Here are the odds Trump leaves office early
- What’s stopping Elizabeth Warren from running for president in 2020?
- Kirsten Gillibrand may not run in 2020, but she’ll stand up to Trump
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.