- Riots break out after a fake email about coronavirus went viral Thursday 8:59 PM
- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
Democratic Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez became an overnight political sensation when she defeated Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y.) in a stunning victory on Tuesday in the New York Democratic primary race. Many had viewed her opponent as a prospective House leader, and the 28-year-old former Bernie Sander organizer went from being a virtual unknown without her own Wikipedia page to part of the national discourse in a matter of just days.
After beating the 10-time incumbent rather handily in the Democratic primary—she’ll face Republican Anthony Pappas in November’s general election—people are absolutely taken with Ocasio-Cortez, and apparently, that extends to her personal style, as well.
During a primary debate earlier this month, Ocasio-Cortez wore a striking shade of matte red lipstick, and that led to people asking her about it on Twitter. “I have been getting many inquiries about my debate lip color in the last two days,” she tweeted to her followers earlier this month. “I GOT YOU. It’s Stila ‘Stay All Day’ Liquid in Beso.”
I have been getting many inquiries about my debate lip color in the last two days.— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) June 17, 2018
I GOT YOU.
It’s Stila “Stay All Day” Liquid in Beso. 💄 pic.twitter.com/xhkxSXZXCO
Now, the lipstick shade is completely sold out online on both Stila and Sephora’s websites. If Ocasio-Cortez’s influence on young female voters wasn’t already apparent enough, her ability to sell lipstick is also rather impressive.
But admirers fear not—because a quick Google search has turned up that the shade still is available at Amazon for the retail price of $22. It’ss listed as a “#1 Best Seller” in lipstick. Better get it while you still can because it likely won’t last long there, either.
- Who’s going to challenge Trump in 2020? Here are the super-early contenders
- What is socialism, really?
- Could Bernie Sanders run—and win—in 2020?
- Trump impeachment: Here are the odds Trump leaves office early
- What’s stopping Elizabeth Warren from running for president in 2020?
- Kirsten Gillibrand may not run in 2020, but she’ll stand up to Trump
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.