- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? 12 Months Ago
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free 12 Months Ago
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted out her shade of lipstick, and now it’s sold out
Everybody wants her lip look!
Democratic Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez became an overnight political sensation when she defeated Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y.) in a stunning victory on Tuesday in the New York Democratic primary race. Many had viewed her opponent as a prospective House leader, and the 28-year-old former Bernie Sander organizer went from being a virtual unknown without her own Wikipedia page to part of the national discourse in a matter of just days.
After beating the 10-time incumbent rather handily in the Democratic primary—she’ll face Republican Anthony Pappas in November’s general election—people are absolutely taken with Ocasio-Cortez, and apparently, that extends to her personal style, as well.
During a primary debate earlier this month, Ocasio-Cortez wore a striking shade of matte red lipstick, and that led to people asking her about it on Twitter. “I have been getting many inquiries about my debate lip color in the last two days,” she tweeted to her followers earlier this month. “I GOT YOU. It’s Stila ‘Stay All Day’ Liquid in Beso.”
I have been getting many inquiries about my debate lip color in the last two days.
I GOT YOU.
It’s Stila “Stay All Day” Liquid in Beso. 💄 pic.twitter.com/xhkxSXZXCO
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) June 17, 2018
Now, the lipstick shade is completely sold out online on both Stila and Sephora’s websites. If Ocasio-Cortez’s influence on young female voters wasn’t already apparent enough, her ability to sell lipstick is also rather impressive.
But admirers fear not—because a quick Google search has turned up that the shade still is available at Amazon for the retail price of $22. It’ss listed as a “#1 Best Seller” in lipstick. Better get it while you still can because it likely won’t last long there, either.
- Who’s going to challenge Trump in 2020? Here are the super-early contenders
- What is socialism, really?
- Could Bernie Sanders run—and win—in 2020?
- Trump impeachment: Here are the odds Trump leaves office early
- What’s stopping Elizabeth Warren from running for president in 2020?
- Kirsten Gillibrand may not run in 2020, but she’ll stand up to Trump
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.