- Reality Winner is asking for clemency—will she get it? 3 Years Ago
- There’s a Baby Yoda mod for ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ Today 7:38 AM
- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
President Donald Trump‘s supporters really want to make America whi–, I mean, great again.
According to a new national poll from Public Policy Polling, Trump voters are in favor of having a White History Month. You know, the white version of Black History Month—a month we can specifically dedicate to teaching the nation’s children about the advances that white Americans have made in an overwhelmingly white society.
The opinions from Trump voters on White History Month are split by a marginal 10 percent, with 46 percent in favor of getting a month dedicated to white people’s advances, and 36 percent opposed.
Keep in mind that these figures come from the same pollster that found candidate Deez Nuts was polling 8 percent in Minnesota in August 2015; that found 38 percent of Florida voters could believe Texas Sen. Ted Cruz was the Zodiac Killer in February; and found Green Party candidate Jill Stein and gorilla-turned-meme Harambe (RIP) polled neck-and-neck for Texas voters in August.
Overall voters who participated in the poll disagreed with the sentiment, however, with 28 percent for and 58 percent opposed to a White History Month.
Trump supporters could perhaps argue that over the past eight years, children have had no idea what it’s like to have a white president, save for the 21 unprecedented days. Might I suggest then that the month start with a lesson on how Andrew Jackson forcibly displaced the Native Americans, subsequently killing thousands. Or perhaps a unit on the American eugenics movement, during which the government forcibly sterilized thousands of people of color and other “undesired” communities in order to keep the gene pool “pure” and white.
Better hit the books now. There’s a lot to read up on.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.