- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics 3 Years Ago
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy 3 Years Ago
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Today 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Today 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Today 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Today 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Today 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Today 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Today 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America (updated) Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
Topless protester grabs life-size Trump statue ‘by the balls’
A topless protester stormed the unveiling ceremony of a life-size statue of Donald Trump in Madrid on Tuesday. As she pushed through security and made her way to grab the wax figure’s crotch, she screamed, “Grab the patriarchy by the balls” numerous times. (Note the following NSFW video by the Guardian contains nudity.) https://cdn.theguardian.tv/mainwebsite/2017/01/17/170117femen_desk.mp4 The […]
A topless protester stormed the unveiling ceremony of a life-size statue of Donald Trump in Madrid on Tuesday. As she pushed through security and made her way to grab the wax figure’s crotch, she screamed, “Grab the patriarchy by the balls” numerous times.
(Note the following NSFW video by the Guardian contains nudity.)
The feminist group FEMEN, which believes in activism through bare breasts, took credit for the protest.
The group’s action refers to Trump’s infamous pussy-grabbing comments that surfaced just a month before the election. This summer, people in cities across America were given the opportunity to ogle naked statues of the then-presidential nominee—however, that Trump didn’t have any balls to grab.
The Madrid protester was eventually escorted out of Museo de Cera, the city’s wax museum, which was none too happy about how the ceremony went down. Gonzalo Presa, the museum’s head of communications, told Reuters he had hoped to give a “special welcome” to Trump from Madrid. “If they want to do this they should do it directly to him,” he said. “This is too easy.”
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.