- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
Rush Limbaugh has never had the most nuanced takes when it comes to women, sexual assault, lesbians, abortion, Feminazis, you name it. This is a man who once said it was cool to teach your sons “no” means “yes” when it comes to consent.
So on Wednesday it came as a surprise when the conservative talk show host actually gave an accurate definition of consent—unintentionally, of course. “You can do anything, the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element,” Limbaugh began in regards to his opinion on the Trump “pussy” tape. “Do you know what it is? Consent. If there is consent on both or all three or all four—however many are involved in the sex act—it’s perfectly fine, whatever it is.”
Correct! If you have consent, it means you can have sex with a person or multiple persons and it’s not rape! He goes on:
“But if the left ever senses and smells that there’s no consent in part of the equation, then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left.”
Wait, this is true, too! If you don’t have consent, you should go to the police and tell them you’ve been raped. It would be great if there were actual “rape police,” though, who magically appeared (preferably before) you’ve been assaulted to knock the shit of some guy’s pussy-grabbing hand or unwanted boner. This is not the case, however. We just have men like Limbaugh and hashtags like #NextFakeTrumpVictim who are trying to silence victims, of which there are at least one a minute in the U.S.
Someone feel free to make #LetsStartAMotherfuckingVigilanteRapePolice happen, instead.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.