- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war 3 Months Ago
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Today 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Today 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Today 1:30 PM
- Krassensteins return to Twitter and are immediately suspended Today 1:01 PM
- Tom Brady insists he didn’t parody Robert Kraft in ‘Living with Yourself’ cameo Today 12:52 PM
- Black security guard fired for telling student not to call him the N-word Today 12:38 PM
- How Watchmen’s Bass Reeves cameo ties into the original comic Today 12:34 PM
- Todrick Hall’s former assistant blasts him for abuse, non-payment, dissing Taylor Swift Today 12:32 PM
- Maggie Rogers calls out catcaller at Austin concert Today 12:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Unnatural Selection’ breaks down the pros and cons of biohacking Today 11:52 AM
- Did Trump flip off astronauts from the all-women spacewalk? Today 11:45 AM
- Report: Mark Zuckerberg advised Pete Buttigieg on campaign hires Today 10:29 AM
- ‘New Girl’ star Lamorne Morris handcuffed by white cop for recording his friend’s arrest Today 10:25 AM
- Mitt Romney, aka ‘Pierre Delecto,’ uses a fake account to lurk on Twitter Today 10:20 AM
A Tennessee police officer who was shown on video slamming a Black woman against a car at a gas station has resigned, the Tennessean reports.
Barrett Teague, who was under investigation for the July 3 incident at a Z Mart in Nashville, Tennessee, resigned on Wednesday.
Security footage from the station shows the officer approaching Adreneyonia Ensley while she is still in her car. Ensley, 21, had reportedly posted on her Facebook that Teague parked behind her car because her license tag was expired.
In the video, which was reshared by the Tennessean, a man said to be Teague is seen approaching Ensley and having a conversation through her car window. There is no audio in the video.
After a few seconds of speaking, the officer goes back to his car, and Ensley is seen going back to check at the back of her car.
When she walks back to her car, Teague follows from behind and grabs her hands from behind. He then thrashes her against the open car door as she tries to free herself. As she seemingly tries to get back into her seat, he pushes her in and pulls her out, slamming her to the car parked next to hers.
The confrontation continues for some time as the person from her passenger seat is seen trying to speak to Teague. A few minutes later, Teague forcefully drags Ensley to the police car and holds her hands behind her back.
Following the incident, Teague was placed on desk duty while awaiting an administrative investigation, according to the Tennessean. His resignation terminates the department investigation, but the city of Nashville will continue a criminal investigation.
- Sugar daddy confesses to murdering Instagram influencer, stuffing her body in suitcase
- Footage shows police making jokes as they were killing a schizophrenic man
- ‘Go back to Brooklyn’: Video shows man’s anti-Semitic road rage rant
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T the Tennessean
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque