- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges 3 Weeks Ago
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Today 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action Today 11:26 AM
A Tennessee police officer who was shown on video slamming a Black woman against a car at a gas station has resigned, the Tennessean reports.
Barrett Teague, who was under investigation for the July 3 incident at a Z Mart in Nashville, Tennessee, resigned on Wednesday.
Security footage from the station shows the officer approaching Adreneyonia Ensley while she is still in her car. Ensley, 21, had reportedly posted on her Facebook that Teague parked behind her car because her license tag was expired.
In the video, which was reshared by the Tennessean, a man said to be Teague is seen approaching Ensley and having a conversation through her car window. There is no audio in the video.
After a few seconds of speaking, the officer goes back to his car, and Ensley is seen going back to check at the back of her car.
When she walks back to her car, Teague follows from behind and grabs her hands from behind. He then thrashes her against the open car door as she tries to free herself. As she seemingly tries to get back into her seat, he pushes her in and pulls her out, slamming her to the car parked next to hers.
The confrontation continues for some time as the person from her passenger seat is seen trying to speak to Teague. A few minutes later, Teague forcefully drags Ensley to the police car and holds her hands behind her back.
Following the incident, Teague was placed on desk duty while awaiting an administrative investigation, according to the Tennessean. His resignation terminates the department investigation, but the city of Nashville will continue a criminal investigation.
- Sugar daddy confesses to murdering Instagram influencer, stuffing her body in suitcase
- Footage shows police making jokes as they were killing a schizophrenic man
- ‘Go back to Brooklyn’: Video shows man’s anti-Semitic road rage rant
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T the Tennessean
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque