- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
This story contains graphic video footage and descriptions of animal abuse and death.
A man claims his ex-girlfriend killed his dog because he broke up with her. In a graphic Facebook video, the man live streamed his emotional reaction after finding his dead dog.
Twitter user @TaylaxRene shared a screen recording of the video. It has since been shared thousands of times.
“Shot and killed my dog, man. This shit hurt me,” the man says in the video while crying.
The man says he had just gotten home from the club when he found his dog lying dead on the ground. In the video, the man shows his dog with what looks like foam around its mouth.
“She put antifreeze in the dog’s bowl & he won’t tell anyone her name he already said he’s not that kind of guy & he’s going to just let God handle her,” @TaylaxRene wrote in a second tweet.
Twitter users are enraged at the ex for allegedly poisoning the dog. “She a serial killer as far as I’m concerned smh,” Twitter user @SachaRaeRae wrote. Most people said they wouldn’t have been as calm as the man in the video.
She a serial killer as far as I’m concerned smh— Sacha Rae (@SachaRaeRae) August 23, 2019
i would have to suffer in silence because i know when my tears dry up her🏠 going up in flames— biCh plēz...🤬 (@shysterglizzy) August 23, 2019
I hope she get locked tf up this is sick— ً (@honeynodip) August 23, 2019
But most people are simply heartbroken over the alleged animal cruelty.
“How could someone just poison a puppy or a dog in general. All this over a guy.. makes me sick to my stomach,” one person wrote.
How could someone just poison a puppy or a dog in general. All this over a guy.. makes me sick to my stomach.— ˡʸˢˢ (@alyssfoxy) August 23, 2019
This broke my heart— Sempi (@sempineal) August 23, 2019
I can’t see what would drive a sane person to do this. I’ve been betrayed, abused, stolen from, completely mindfucked, used and thrown away etc. hurting an innocent animal to get payback never crossed my mind. This is disgusting.— ♎️ (@SweetXHart11) August 23, 2019
Several people claim to know the ex-girlfriend’s Twitter and Instagram handle, but all of the accounts under the purported handle have since been taken down.
The Daily Dot has reached out to several of the concerned parties.
Sierra Juarez is a freelance journalist and fact-checker based in Mexico. She most enjoys writing about human rights and politics and working in audience engagement. Her work has appeared in the Texas Tribune, the Austin American–Statesman, and the San Antonio Current.