- Facebook quietly launched a meme generator app called Whale 3 Months Ago
- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online 3 Months Ago
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera 3 Months Ago
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme 3 Months Ago
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for 3 Months Ago
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel could be in the works from Warner Bros. (updated) Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
- Noah Hawley will direct the next ‘Star Trek’ movie starring Chris Pine Today 8:51 AM
This story contains graphic video footage and descriptions of animal abuse and death.
A man claims his ex-girlfriend killed his dog because he broke up with her. In a graphic Facebook video, the man live streamed his emotional reaction after finding his dead dog.
Twitter user @TaylaxRene shared a screen recording of the video. It has since been shared thousands of times.
“Shot and killed my dog, man. This shit hurt me,” the man says in the video while crying.
The man says he had just gotten home from the club when he found his dog lying dead on the ground. In the video, the man shows his dog with what looks like foam around its mouth.
“She put antifreeze in the dog’s bowl & he won’t tell anyone her name he already said he’s not that kind of guy & he’s going to just let God handle her,” @TaylaxRene wrote in a second tweet.
Twitter users are enraged at the ex for allegedly poisoning the dog. “She a serial killer as far as I’m concerned smh,” Twitter user @SachaRaeRae wrote. Most people said they wouldn’t have been as calm as the man in the video.
She a serial killer as far as I’m concerned smh— Sacha Rae (@SachaRaeRae) August 23, 2019
i would have to suffer in silence because i know when my tears dry up her🏠 going up in flames— Still waiting on Yahndi (@shysterglizzy) August 23, 2019
I hope she get locked tf up this is sick— ً (@honeynodip) August 23, 2019
But most people are simply heartbroken over the alleged animal cruelty.
“How could someone just poison a puppy or a dog in general. All this over a guy.. makes me sick to my stomach,” one person wrote.
How could someone just poison a puppy or a dog in general. All this over a guy.. makes me sick to my stomach.— ˡʸˢˢ (@alyssfoxy) August 23, 2019
This broke my heart— Sempi (@sempineal) August 23, 2019
I can’t see what would drive a sane person to do this. I’ve been betrayed, abused, stolen from, completely mindfucked, used and thrown away etc. hurting an innocent animal to get payback never crossed my mind. This is disgusting.— ♎️ (@SweetXHart11) August 23, 2019
Several people claim to know the ex-girlfriend’s Twitter and Instagram handle, but all of the accounts under the purported handle have since been taken down.
The Daily Dot has reached out to several of the concerned parties.
Sierra Juarez is a freelance journalist and fact-checker based in Mexico. She most enjoys writing about human rights and politics and working in audience engagement. Her work has appeared in the Texas Tribune, the Austin American–Statesman, and the San Antonio Current.