- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme 2 Months Ago
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist 2 Months Ago
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Today 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Today 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Today 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Today 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Today 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Today 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Today 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Today 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Today 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Today 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Today 10:45 AM
- Likely file Saudi prince sent to Jeff Bezos’ to hack his phone revealed Today 10:10 AM
- Will Olivia Jade have to testify against her mother, Lori Loughlin, in bribery trial? Today 10:07 AM
Floribama Shore’s Candace Rice is calling out two of her fellow cast members for using the N-word both in and outside of the house.
“Okay so here’s the thang, the editing isn’t in my benefit with this one cause there was an issue both summers some of the non black people in the house using the N word, I said NO ONE need to use it IN THE HOUSE! Idc who use it outside the house, but Kirk and I set a standard,” Rice tweeted on Thursday.
Okay so here’s the thang, the editing isn’t in my benefit with this one cause there was an issue both summers some of the non black people in the house using the N word, I said NO ONE need to use it IN THE HOUSE! Idc who use it outside the house, but Kirk and I set a standard...— Candace Renee Rice (@pimpfriedrice_) November 22, 2019
The MTV reality show is a Jersey Shore successor, taped in a house on Panama City Beach, which stretches from Florida to the Alabama state line. The cast members hail from all across the country.
In a video posted to social media, Rice gave details about her white housemates’ use of the word and alleges one even hurled the racial slur directly at her.
“Somebody in the house was dropping the hard ‘er,’ as in calling and addressing us as [N-word],” Rice says in the video. “I’ve had a person in the house use the N-word with me.”
She expressed hurt and disappointment over being called the derogatory term but refused to reveal the name of the person who used it, claiming that she didn’t want to operate in a “messy” way.
“I operate in love because that’s what God teaches,” she says. “If that person wants to come out and admit to using the N-word, that’s on them.”
Rice argues that no one in the house, white or black, should use the N-word, and the conversation has been a hot-button issue during previous seasons of the show.
Shes definitely talking about kortni. She deserves better— Miki Minach (@ThatVeganslut) November 23, 2019
The show’s fans were quick to speculate on which cast member used the expletive. Many suspect Rice was referring to Panama City Beach native Kortni Gilson.
“She’s definitely talking about Kortni. She deserves better,” one user wrote.
Kortni Gilson.— (Here we go again...) Damaged Golf Cart (@ChallengeRewind) November 23, 2019
Others are calling on MTV to address Candace’s allegations and replace the cast members who may have used the word.
“So is @MTV, @FloribamaShore,@sallyannsalsano ever going to address this? I’ve seen this come up a few times, and a cast member’s old tweets using the word have surfaced. It’s unfair to have Black cast members have to explain themselves or be surrounded by racists,” Twitter user @MissLeandra questioned, while tagging MTV; the show’s Twitter account; and SallyAnn Salsano, a producer of the show.
So is @MTV, @FloribamaShore, @sallyannsalsano ever going to address this? I’ve seen this come up a few times, and a cast member’s old tweets using the word have surfaced. It’s unfair to have Black cast members have to explain themselves or be surrounded by racists.— 👸🏾L E A👸🏾 (@_MissLeandra) November 23, 2019
kortni and codi need to be replaced immediately— Miki Minach (@ThatVeganslut) November 23, 2019
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story
H/T Pop Crave
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.