- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
These Twitter Moments are bleak as f*ck.
Presented without commentary, here is Genius Senior Editor Insanul Ahmed’s Twitter Moments series called “Day 1 in Trump’s America”:
As I’m stopped at a gas station this morning, a group of guys yell over: “Time to get out of this country, Apu!”
— Manik R (@ManikRathee) November 9, 2016
I have a scarf on. Passed by someone on the platform today and he says, “Your time’s up, girlie.”
— Mehreen Kasana (@mehreenkasana) November 9, 2016
Not even 24 hours yet. My friend’s sister, who is Muslim, had a knife pulled on her by a Trump supporter while on the bus by UIUC campus.
— Sarah A. Harvard (@amyharvard_) November 9, 2016
My mom literally just texted me “don’t wear the Hijab please” and she’s the most religious person in our family….
— ㅤjannatin (@harryonmen) November 9, 2016
3 of my muslims friends, whom i’ve never seen without a hijab before, came to school without them today, because they were afraid.
— claude (@claudiafavelaa) November 9, 2016
My cousin (born + raised in America) walked past a Trump rally in NYC (where she lives!!!) and was told “go back to your country you chink”
— sannah (@sannahkim) November 9, 2016
Day 2 should be interesting.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.