- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Tuesday 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Tuesday 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Tuesday 8:08 AM
It’s only been one day since Carly Fiorina was named Ted Cruz’s running mate—and she’s already doing so much for American women.
Go to CarlyFiorinaForVicePresident.com and you’ll be redirected to, surprise, a donation page for the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.
The prankster is not yet known, but the message is clear: Why vote for the new Cruz-Fiorina ticket when you can support Planned Parenthood instead?
Though Fiorina self-defines as a feminist—“A feminist is a woman who lives the life she chooses and uses all her God-given gifts,” she has said—the former presidential candidate has long clashed with women’s health organizations like Planned Parenthood.
During an early Republican debate, Fiorina lambasted Planned Parenthood for the famous sting videos that later turned out to be admittedly fake collages of stock footage. In the videos, bemoaned Fiorina, she saw a “fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking, while someone says we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.”
In a statement on its website on Wednesday, Planned Parenthood Action Fund called the Cruz-Fiorina ticket “an echo chamber of lies.”
“Fiorina’s failed presidential campaign was based on a series of lies about Planned Parenthood—lies that were debunked by fact-checker after fact-checker,” said Planned Parenthood Action Fund in the statement.
“Her campaign also was based on an anti-women’s health platform,” the statement continued, “that would have serious consequences for women’s ability to access affordable birth control and reproductive health care.”
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.