- How to listen to YouTube music in the background on your phone 3 Years Ago
- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
It’s only been one day since Carly Fiorina was named Ted Cruz’s running mate—and she’s already doing so much for American women.
Go to CarlyFiorinaForVicePresident.com and you’ll be redirected to, surprise, a donation page for the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.
The prankster is not yet known, but the message is clear: Why vote for the new Cruz-Fiorina ticket when you can support Planned Parenthood instead?
Though Fiorina self-defines as a feminist—“A feminist is a woman who lives the life she chooses and uses all her God-given gifts,” she has said—the former presidential candidate has long clashed with women’s health organizations like Planned Parenthood.
During an early Republican debate, Fiorina lambasted Planned Parenthood for the famous sting videos that later turned out to be admittedly fake collages of stock footage. In the videos, bemoaned Fiorina, she saw a “fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking, while someone says we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.”
In a statement on its website on Wednesday, Planned Parenthood Action Fund called the Cruz-Fiorina ticket “an echo chamber of lies.”
“Fiorina’s failed presidential campaign was based on a series of lies about Planned Parenthood—lies that were debunked by fact-checker after fact-checker,” said Planned Parenthood Action Fund in the statement.
“Her campaign also was based on an anti-women’s health platform,” the statement continued, “that would have serious consequences for women’s ability to access affordable birth control and reproductive health care.”
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.