- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
It’s only been one day since Carly Fiorina was named Ted Cruz’s running mate—and she’s already doing so much for American women.
Go to CarlyFiorinaForVicePresident.com and you’ll be redirected to, surprise, a donation page for the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.
The prankster is not yet known, but the message is clear: Why vote for the new Cruz-Fiorina ticket when you can support Planned Parenthood instead?
Though Fiorina self-defines as a feminist—“A feminist is a woman who lives the life she chooses and uses all her God-given gifts,” she has said—the former presidential candidate has long clashed with women’s health organizations like Planned Parenthood.
During an early Republican debate, Fiorina lambasted Planned Parenthood for the famous sting videos that later turned out to be admittedly fake collages of stock footage. In the videos, bemoaned Fiorina, she saw a “fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking, while someone says we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.”
In a statement on its website on Wednesday, Planned Parenthood Action Fund called the Cruz-Fiorina ticket “an echo chamber of lies.”
“Fiorina’s failed presidential campaign was based on a series of lies about Planned Parenthood—lies that were debunked by fact-checker after fact-checker,” said Planned Parenthood Action Fund in the statement.
“Her campaign also was based on an anti-women’s health platform,” the statement continued, “that would have serious consequences for women’s ability to access affordable birth control and reproductive health care.”
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.