- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
Anthony Weiner was sentenced to 21 months in prison on Monday after pleading guilty to transferring obscene material to a minor by sexting with a 15-year-old girl.
Weiner, a former New York congressman who was partially blamed by Hillary Clinton for helping her lose the 2016 presidential election, reportedly wept as he heard his sentence and read a statement to the judge. Now, we have visual proof.
Presented by Jane Rosenberg, the same artist who gave us the infamous Tom Brady courtroom sketch and the more recent unflattering Martin Shkreli courtroom drawing, here’s what it looked like when Weiner needed tissues to halt the cascade of tears.
Rosenberg’s masterpiece, though, wasn’t the only art to emerge from the courtroom on Monday to showcase the man the New York Daily News described as “the disgraced pol” who was “crying and grabbing tissue after tissue.”
Courtroom sketch artist depicts a weeping Anthony Weiner reading statement and holding tissue. pic.twitter.com/ps2CZBg6Pc— Nicole Fuller (@nicolefuller) September 25, 2017
Another courtroom artist's depiction of a tearful Anthony Weiner reading statement + stricken Weiner when 21-mth sentence imposed. pic.twitter.com/6JuohRqAuF— Nicole Fuller (@nicolefuller) September 25, 2017
The 53-year-old Weiner will surrender himself on Nov. 6. Hopefully all of his tears will be dry by then.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.