- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
New YouCollab app is described as ‘Tinder for YouTubers’
The beta version will be released June 16.
BY SAM GUTELLE
An upcoming app is looking to play matchmaker by giving YouTube content creators the tools they need to collaborate with one another. It’s called YouCollab, it’s described as “Tinder for YouTubers,” and it is set to roll out its beta next Thursday.
As with Tinder, users who download YouCollab will be asked to enter a location radius for YouTubers they wish to match with. From there, they can further refine their searches by entering information about their channels as well as a subscriber range for potential collaborators. Once all relevant filters have been locked in, YouCollab presents its users with similar creators and gives them the option to either “pass” or “collab” with those matches.
YouCollab won’t be the first service to help YouTubers who are looking for collaborations, but it is looking to make its mark with an intuitive and easy-to-use design.
“YouCollab saves me hours of labor that I don’t have to pay someone to do,” says content creator Essence Cartoon on the app’s testimonials page. “It’s free, it works great with no glitches, and it saves me time. YouCollab is an app that is going to change the way creators collaborate with other creators.”
We’ll soon get an idea of whether YouCollab can live up to its promise.
The app’s co-founder, Shaun Maclellan, has been working on his project since he was a senior in high school, and to help drum up support for YouCollab’s launch, he has recruited several mid-level YouTubers, including ShoddyCast, OhhMyAnnie, and FreshTV as early users.
If you’d like to give the app a spin, you can sign up for its beta here.