- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle 4 Years Ago
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
Most of us think of Yelp as the go-to ratings and review site for restaurants and other businesses. Occasionally it’s a place to take down lion-hunting dentists and Making a Murderer lawyers, and sometimes even where people go to review their dates (not the locations).
Star-ratings might be the usual content that pops up when we visit Yelp, but if you dig a bit deeper on the site, you’ll find Yelp Talk, forums dedicated to whatever Yelpers feel like discussing. Most of it is totally innocuous—questions about the best restaurants or panic rooms in the city, but sometimes Yelpers take to Talk to ask life’s most pressing questions.
There are a surprising number of queries in Dating and Relationships forum. Apparently Yelpers’ opinions extend to the love life and activities in the bedroom. One love-stricken Romeo asked his fellow Yelp users whether or not he should marry someone 12 years his senior. Yelpers united behind “yes.”
When in doubt, ask Yelp about very important life decisions that impact you and the person you’re planning on spending the rest of your life with. Yelp users are unquestionably the best individuals to ask for legal advice, as this man found out regarding his prenup.
Dino K. appears to be some sort of Yelp celebrity, with the users on this particular post being “in” on the joke. I’m not sure Yelp is the best place to review people, twins or otherwise, but Dino K. has some opinions.
The forums are apparently so active that you can drunkenly post about cigarette delivery and get an immediate answer. Yelp Talk is really giving Twitter a run for its money here. The thread devolved quickly into Eminem lyrics and Vespa repairs, but Julia made sure to keep things on-topic.
You might be reviewing places on Yelp, but do you really want to go to them? Chelsea asks the hard question we all want to know the answer to but are too busy to ask. Because Netflix and your couch is always five stars.
Photo via mariachily/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Selena Larson is a technology reporter based in San Francisco who writes about the intersection of technology and culture. Her work explores new technologies and the way they impact industries, human behavior, and security and privacy. Since leaving the Daily Dot, she's reported for CNN Money and done technical writing for cybersecurity firm Dragos.