- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia 5 Years Ago
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
Finally, there’s no need to do all that pesky swiping anymore.
“Any day you want to go on a date, we provide you with 3-5 algorithmically selected date possibilities,” says Whim. “You’ll review and say yes/no to each one. At 6 pm we’ll ping you and one of the people you liked, suggesting a time and place to meet up that same evening.”
“Our solution eliminates the extensive search, targeting, messaging, and planning required by existing dating platforms (e.g., Tinder, Hinge, CMB), replacing that model with a dating-on-demand service that brings you curated, same-day dates with singles you have pre-approved.”
Of course, then you deprive yourself of the ability to run someone through the small, innocuous tests that come up in the course of a conversation, such as determining (hopefully!) a person’s ability to not send an unsolicited dick-pic, or to not send bad sexts, or not to sext during surgery.
You could also, of course, just get one of these:
Brendan O’Connor is a technology and politics reporter. In April 2016, he joined Gawker Media Group as a staff writer, where he covers the alt-right for its special projects desk.