- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
This is just what VR was made for.
There are already lots of great reasons to become a VR early adopter, and now you can add virtual bacon to the list.
Hormel just launched a virtual reality web experience that lets you explore virtual “flavorscapes” in search of new flavors of its top-tier Black Label Bacon, and it’s just as ridiculous as it sounds.
Black Label Bacon
Using a Google Cardboard (or similar) VR headset and your smartphone, you can head to BlackLabelBacon.com and navigate various dreamlike scenes in full 360-degree 3D. Each scene corresponds to one of the company’s new bacon varieties. For example, you’ll find sea salt bacon when exploring the ocean scene, and cherry wood smoked bacon on the “Cherry Woods” trail.
There’s not much here in terms of interaction, and you just have to find the diamond icon on each stop to continue on the pre-determined route to the bacon goal, but it’s still kinda cool. Once you successfully reach the end of each journey, you’re presented with a big juicy slice of the bacon, along with—surprise!—a link to buy it for a discounted price.
But credit to Hormel, they’ve got a pretty cool giveaway going on here as well, where you can actually get a free Cardboard-like VR headset, complete with a bacon-scented scratch-and-sniff sticker, for absolutely free. Just head to the store page to snag one while supplies last!
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.