- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica 3 Years Ago
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ 3 Years Ago
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race 3 Years Ago
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Today 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Today 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Today 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Today 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Today 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Today 12:02 PM
- Popeyes blasted for employee welfare amid chicken sandwich war Today 11:59 AM
- Cory Booker says nonbinary ‘niephew’ taught him about trans issues Today 11:53 AM
- Megachurch pushes conversion therapy on Instagram, Facebook with #OnceGay Today 11:11 AM
- Christian movie review site blasts Netflix’s ‘The Family’ Today 10:50 AM
- YouTube removes ‘coordinated’ channels spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 8:58 AM
- Christina Hendricks reveals she was the hand model for ‘American Beauty’ Today 8:30 AM
There are already lots of great reasons to become a VR early adopter, and now you can add virtual bacon to the list.
Hormel just launched a virtual reality web experience that lets you explore virtual “flavorscapes” in search of new flavors of its top-tier Black Label Bacon, and it’s just as ridiculous as it sounds.
Black Label Bacon
Using a Google Cardboard (or similar) VR headset and your smartphone, you can head to BlackLabelBacon.com and navigate various dreamlike scenes in full 360-degree 3D. Each scene corresponds to one of the company’s new bacon varieties. For example, you’ll find sea salt bacon when exploring the ocean scene, and cherry wood smoked bacon on the “Cherry Woods” trail.
There’s not much here in terms of interaction, and you just have to find the diamond icon on each stop to continue on the pre-determined route to the bacon goal, but it’s still kinda cool. Once you successfully reach the end of each journey, you’re presented with a big juicy slice of the bacon, along with—surprise!—a link to buy it for a discounted price.
But credit to Hormel, they’ve got a pretty cool giveaway going on here as well, where you can actually get a free Cardboard-like VR headset, complete with a bacon-scented scratch-and-sniff sticker, for absolutely free. Just head to the store page to snag one while supplies last!
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.