- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Tinder Gold offers many of the same premium features as its 2015 paid predecessor, Tinder Plus, including Rewind (to get a redo on that accidental left swipe), Passport (to surf singles in a new location), unlimited likes, and five daily Super Likes. But Tinder Gold’s biggest enhancement is the addition of the Likes You feature: a preview of who has swiped right on your profile without you having to lift a finger.
“Think of it as your personal Swipe Right concierge—available 24/7—bringing all of your pending matches to you. Now you can sit back, enjoy a fine cocktail, and browse through profiles at your leisure,” read a statement announcing the new feature.
While games and subscription services like Netflix or Pandora usually top the App Store charts for gross earnings, Tinder took the top spot earlier this month. The dating app hung around the top 10 top-grossing apps chart for July and August, but it surged to the top after Tinder Gold became available globally on Aug. 29, after tests in the Australian, Canadian, Mexican, and Argentinian markets.
Still, Tinder Gold is currently only the 10th biggest in-app purchase for Tinder users, behind standalone boosts, Super Likes, and various tiers of Tinder Plus—which changes price depending on your age bracket and location and ranges from $2.99 to $34.99.
Tinder faced considerable backlash for the tiered pricing structure it instituted for Tinder Plus; perhaps in response, Tinder Gold runs a flat $14.99 a month, according to Business Insider. Whether Tinder Gold will eventually replace Tinder Plus entirely remains to be seen; the Daily Dot has reached out to Tinder for comment and will update this story if and when we hear back.
H/T Tech Crunch
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.