- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Today 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Today 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Today 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Today 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Today 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Today 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Today 11:33 AM
- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less Today 10:50 AM
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over Today 10:43 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller Today 10:42 AM
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
It takes less than a minute.
Snapchat has embedded TurboVote promo videos between the Stories and Discover pages of the app, which you can access by swiping left on the main Snapchat screen after opening the app. The videos feature well-known celebs like Jimmy Fallon and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson asking you to swipe up on the screen. Once you do so, you’re redirected to a TurboVote sign-up page where you can begin the process of registering to vote.
TurboVote is a non-profit run by Democracy Works, whose policies state that no personal information you enter is sold or released in any way; it’s solely being used to get you registered as a voter. So you shouldn’t have to worry about getting any weird calls, emails, or snaps from advertisers.
The TurboVote sign-up feature is active until Oct. 7. If you don’t see the promo videos in your Snapchat app yet, don’t worry: They seem to be intermittent, so just check back later.
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.