- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun 4 Years Ago
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online 4 Years Ago
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death 4 Years Ago
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ 4 Years Ago
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art 4 Years Ago
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
- Disney’s Obi-Wan Kenobi miniseries is now on hold Today 6:47 AM
- The coronavirus outbreak has become a breeding ground of misinformation Today 6:30 AM
President Obama flashes Fitbit Surge during ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’
POTUS is still rocking the Surge.
If one of your New Year’s resolutions this year is to get in shape, try taking a page out of President Obama’s fitness playbook and try out a Fitbit Surge.
The president’s wrist accoutrement was on full display during his appearance on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, Jerry Seinfeld’s online show that invites high-profile humorists into classic cars to drive around and get coffee. Guests in the past include Tina Fey, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
As soon as Obama gets behind the wheel of the gorgeous sky blue 1963 Corvette Stingray for the season seven premiere, it’s hard to miss his Fitbit Surge taking up camera real estate. Obama’s affinity for the Surge has been noted in the past, but he’s stuck with it even through the launch of the Apple Watch despite using other Apple prodcuts. (Tim Cook has made multiple appearances at the White House, and Obama received the iPad 2 from Steve Jobs before its official launch.)
Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee
POTUS undoubtedly leads an active and tiring lifestyle, and with the GPS tracking, a heart rate monitor, seven-day battery life and sleep tracking, the comprehensive features in the Surge can provide a full picture of the president’s day.
President Obama likely sticks with the Surge because, as he told Jimmy Kimmel in another comedic interview, he’s not allowed to use smartphones with recording devices in them. In fact, he still has a 2007 model BlackBerry. Without being allowed to keep an iPhone or Android device in his pocket, the Apple Watch and wearables from Samsung, LG and others are simply not an option for the commander-in-chief.
President Obama’s appearance isn’t the first for a comedy Web series. He was on Funny Or Die’s Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis in March 2014. You can watch the full episode with the president on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee here.
Photo via Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
Selena Larson is a technology reporter based in San Francisco who writes about the intersection of technology and culture. Her work explores new technologies and the way they impact industries, human behavior, and security and privacy. Since leaving the Daily Dot, she's reported for CNN Money and done technical writing for cybersecurity firm Dragos.