- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Today 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Today 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Today 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Today 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Today 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Today 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Today 11:33 AM
- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less Today 10:50 AM
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over Today 10:43 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller Today 10:42 AM
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
President Obama flashes Fitbit Surge during ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’
POTUS is still rocking the Surge.
If one of your New Year’s resolutions this year is to get in shape, try taking a page out of President Obama’s fitness playbook and try out a Fitbit Surge.
The president’s wrist accoutrement was on full display during his appearance on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, Jerry Seinfeld’s online show that invites high-profile humorists into classic cars to drive around and get coffee. Guests in the past include Tina Fey, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
As soon as Obama gets behind the wheel of the gorgeous sky blue 1963 Corvette Stingray for the season seven premiere, it’s hard to miss his Fitbit Surge taking up camera real estate. Obama’s affinity for the Surge has been noted in the past, but he’s stuck with it even through the launch of the Apple Watch despite using other Apple prodcuts. (Tim Cook has made multiple appearances at the White House, and Obama received the iPad 2 from Steve Jobs before its official launch.)
Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee
POTUS undoubtedly leads an active and tiring lifestyle, and with the GPS tracking, a heart rate monitor, seven-day battery life and sleep tracking, the comprehensive features in the Surge can provide a full picture of the president’s day.
President Obama likely sticks with the Surge because, as he told Jimmy Kimmel in another comedic interview, he’s not allowed to use smartphones with recording devices in them. In fact, he still has a 2007 model BlackBerry. Without being allowed to keep an iPhone or Android device in his pocket, the Apple Watch and wearables from Samsung, LG and others are simply not an option for the commander-in-chief.
President Obama’s appearance isn’t the first for a comedy Web series. He was on Funny Or Die’s Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis in March 2014. You can watch the full episode with the president on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee here.
Photo via Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
Selena Larson is a technology reporter based in San Francisco who writes about the intersection of technology and culture. Her work explores new technologies and the way they impact industries, human behavior, and security and privacy. Since leaving the Daily Dot, she's reported for CNN Money and done technical writing for cybersecurity firm Dragos.