- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
Fire up the Delorean—we’re headed into the future
Motherboard and CNET have teamed up for an editorial series about futurism and emerging technology.
PRESENTED BY VICE MEDIA
Aliens, mind-hacking, farm robots, oh my!
We’re already living in the futuristic wonderland of our greatest 1950s sci-fi dreams. Sure, you’re not rocketing around on a jetpack or a hoverboard. But you can have a robot maid, or at least a robot vacuum cleaner.
It’s old news that the basic tech we have today would seem like magic to someone from 100 years ago. Heck, 50 years ago. Billions of people are carrying around more computing power in their pockets than all of NASA had at their disposal when they put a man on the moon. You can google most any question and get the answer instantaneously, communicate in real-time with people all over the world, strap on a headset and be plunged into a face-melting virtual reality landscape. But really, this stuff is the new normal.
Tech entrepreneurs are today’s rock stars. Computer processing power is increasing all the time. We already live in a time rife with technological possibilities, so if these once-astounding technologies are mundane to us now, then what could possibly be on the horizon?
Motherboard and CNET have teamed up to answer just that. In an exciting new series called Dear Future, they’re poised to bring you news on the latest and greatest emerging technological innovations that are shaping the world to come.
Keep an eye out for this continuing series throughout the fall as they bring you articles and videos, highlighting all manner of eye-opening futuristic possibilities, many of which already exist today.
Ever wish you could type with your mind? You may be able to sooner than you thought, with advances in digital interfaces for your brain.
Get the scoop on quantum computing, along with the massive digital security problems it poses.
So strap yourself in and get ready to have your mind blown by the super-advanced future technologies of your greatest sci-fi nerd fantasies.