- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
Waiting for someone to develop a Mac costume at this point.
Apple fans have something new to be excited about. Is it an iOS update or new Apple product? Nope. It’s the new latest line of Mac-inspired candles from Apple accessory company Twelve South.
The online retailer unveiled its second line of scented soy candles Tuesday, a follow-up to the first line, New Mac, that sold out last year. If you ever wondered what the tech giant’s cleanly designed computer line smells like, this candle won’t give you an answer, but it does pair nicely with any Apple-phile’s collection. You could use it in your bathroom, kitchen, or living room, or even gift it to friends who swear by the tech company.
Titled Inspire [mac candle N°2], the sleek, white new pod vessel is a departure from its first simple, black design that fit in with the rest of the candles around your house. This candles is a cut above the rest with its glossy exterior. It honestly reminds me a little of how BB-8 looks next to R2-D2.
The hand-poured candle comes in one scent that contains “strong notes of bergamot, lemon, and tarragon that will clear your mind and stimulate creativity,” according to the company’s website. I guess that means you’ll be inspired to spend less time on Twitter, Buzzfeed quizzes, and reading niche articles like this New York Times piece on depressed fish? It’s dubious as to what a Macbook smells like or if it even has a smell, but Twelve South is taking a stab at it. Does bergamot smell like the excitement of a new laptop mixed with underlying despair of spending too much money on it?
In addition to a new scent and look, this candle is $5 more expensive than the last line. That’s not necessarily a bad thing as some of the proceeds will go to the charity FIRST, which offers programs that help young people pursue education and career opportunities in STEM related fields.
H/T The Verge
Danielle Ransom is a journalist who has worked as a researcher for CNN, NBC's KXAN-TV, CBS' KEYE-TV.