- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
Snapchat may have initially been created to show of your naughty bits but the platform has since been co-opted to show off just how turnt you are. Stories have turned into glorified ads for summer festivals and it feels like every single night, you’ve got a friend hitting the town. But what if you just want to lie in bed and also lie to your friends?
Enter Late Night Snap Hacks, a website devoted to making you look cool no matter what boring shit you’ve got planned that evening. The site, which was developed by mattress company Casper, offers up 10 different scenarios for you to snap—music and video included. You could make it seem like you’re so wasted all you can see is a disco ball, or a crosswalk, or the back of some rando’s head.
More conventional options include dance halls and festival crowds. Other than that, the site doesn’t have a whole lot to offer. I’ve got no idea what the hell I liked when I hit the Facebook widget in the upper righthand corner. Clicking on the Casper logo naturally takes you to the Casper website. I hear their mattresses don’t suck.
Anyone with a little bit of coding knowledge and some stock video footage can create a knockoff Late Night Snap Hacks. Casper just happened to do it first. Now, go forth and fool your friends lest you embrace the alternative and post no footage in favor of actually enjoying your life on your own terms.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.