- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Snapchat may have initially been created to show of your naughty bits but the platform has since been co-opted to show off just how turnt you are. Stories have turned into glorified ads for summer festivals and it feels like every single night, you’ve got a friend hitting the town. But what if you just want to lie in bed and also lie to your friends?
Enter Late Night Snap Hacks, a website devoted to making you look cool no matter what boring shit you’ve got planned that evening. The site, which was developed by mattress company Casper, offers up 10 different scenarios for you to snap—music and video included. You could make it seem like you’re so wasted all you can see is a disco ball, or a crosswalk, or the back of some rando’s head.
More conventional options include dance halls and festival crowds. Other than that, the site doesn’t have a whole lot to offer. I’ve got no idea what the hell I liked when I hit the Facebook widget in the upper righthand corner. Clicking on the Casper logo naturally takes you to the Casper website. I hear their mattresses don’t suck.
Anyone with a little bit of coding knowledge and some stock video footage can create a knockoff Late Night Snap Hacks. Casper just happened to do it first. Now, go forth and fool your friends lest you embrace the alternative and post no footage in favor of actually enjoying your life on your own terms.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.