- Miss USA thought everyone spoke English—and the internet is not amused Thursday 8:02 PM
- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t Thursday 4:55 PM
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed Thursday 4:39 PM
- Oprah says what was really on her mind while she ate bland chicken Thursday 4:00 PM
- Democrats predicted to go in on net neutrality when they take House Thursday 3:33 PM
- Holland Tunnel decorations are a real nightmare before Christmas Thursday 2:12 PM
- Amazon still won’t say whether ICE uses its facial recognition tech Thursday 1:13 PM
- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:00 PM
- How to stream the NFL’s Week 15 for free Thursday 12:00 PM
- An undecorated room sets off a debate on Twitter Thursday 11:42 AM
- Netflix announces Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ concert film Thursday 11:29 AM
- People are making memes out of these ‘leaked’ ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ posters Thursday 11:12 AM
- How to watch the Liga MX final between Club América and Cruz Azul online for free Thursday 10:38 AM
- Parents shocked by KKK costumes in school play Thursday 10:11 AM
Why hasn’t anybody thought of this before?
Snapchat may have initially been created to show of your naughty bits but the platform has since been co-opted to show off just how turnt you are. Stories have turned into glorified ads for summer festivals and it feels like every single night, you’ve got a friend hitting the town. But what if you just want to lie in bed and also lie to your friends?
Enter Late Night Snap Hacks, a website devoted to making you look cool no matter what boring shit you’ve got planned that evening. The site, which was developed by mattress company Casper, offers up 10 different scenarios for you to snap—music and video included. You could make it seem like you’re so wasted all you can see is a disco ball, or a crosswalk, or the back of some rando’s head.
More conventional options include dance halls and festival crowds. Other than that, the site doesn’t have a whole lot to offer. I’ve got no idea what the hell I liked when I hit the Facebook widget in the upper righthand corner. Clicking on the Casper logo naturally takes you to the Casper website. I hear their mattresses don’t suck.
Anyone with a little bit of coding knowledge and some stock video footage can create a knockoff Late Night Snap Hacks. Casper just happened to do it first. Now, go forth and fool your friends lest you embrace the alternative and post no footage in favor of actually enjoying your life on your own terms.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.