- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
Snapchat may have initially been created to show of your naughty bits but the platform has since been co-opted to show off just how turnt you are. Stories have turned into glorified ads for summer festivals and it feels like every single night, you’ve got a friend hitting the town. But what if you just want to lie in bed and also lie to your friends?
Enter Late Night Snap Hacks, a website devoted to making you look cool no matter what boring shit you’ve got planned that evening. The site, which was developed by mattress company Casper, offers up 10 different scenarios for you to snap—music and video included. You could make it seem like you’re so wasted all you can see is a disco ball, or a crosswalk, or the back of some rando’s head.
More conventional options include dance halls and festival crowds. Other than that, the site doesn’t have a whole lot to offer. I’ve got no idea what the hell I liked when I hit the Facebook widget in the upper righthand corner. Clicking on the Casper logo naturally takes you to the Casper website. I hear their mattresses don’t suck.
Anyone with a little bit of coding knowledge and some stock video footage can create a knockoff Late Night Snap Hacks. Casper just happened to do it first. Now, go forth and fool your friends lest you embrace the alternative and post no footage in favor of actually enjoying your life on your own terms.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.