- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Today 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Today 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Today 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Today 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Today 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Today 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Today 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Today 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Today 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Today 10:35 AM
- These are the only online dating sites worth your time Today 10:29 AM
- Jameela Jamil sparks conversation about women having to make the ‘boyfriend excuse’ Today 10:23 AM
- Trump-Russia conspiracy theorists think they’ve found secrets in the Mueller report Today 9:32 AM
- Report: YouTube is done competing with Netflix, Amazon Today 9:27 AM
- Netflix drama ‘Coisa Mais Linda’ explores Bossa Nova clubs and women’s rights in Brazil Today 8:08 AM
OK, that is a really good reason to own a BlackBerry.
This evening, Kim Kardashian took the stage at Recode’s Code Mobile event in Half Moon Bay, Calif., to talk about life, love, and the eternal pursuit of a soul-crushingly addictive freemium app game.
When you think about mobile technology, Kardashian likely isn’t the first name that comes to mind. But lo, she brought us a few pearls of digital wisdom.
1) She prefers Instagram as a social sharing platform, and she has a rule we should all live by: No more than three pictures of herself in a row. You got that, everybody? If Kim Kardashian can hold herself to a selfie maximum, so can you. Write it down. Tattoo it somewhere.
(However, let’s all recognize she breaks this rule often. Witness: These three photos from Oct. 20.)
2) Though she owns an iPhone, her favorite phone is… a Blackberry. Yes, Kim K. is right up there with financial district retirees and your state congressman. Her reasoning: So she can button-mash her way through anger-fueled emails. Genius. The dull thap-thap-thap of pounding away at your touchscreen really doesn’t have the same effect.
3) In order to get said BlackBerry, a BlackBerry Bold no longer sold in stores, Kardashian hits up eBay, and that is just good business sense. Seriously, why not have a phone with a keyboard so you can destroy it to your heart’s content? I’ve missed so many good phone-throwing moments because I remember I’m not due for an upgrade for awhile.
4) More games are on the way, and along with them more in-app purchases. If she can recreate the magic that is Kim Kardashian: Hollywood… well then godspeed. We’ll start brainstorming our next hacking guide.
A photo posted by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on
5) What about Google Glass? “They’re just not for me.” Fair and balanced take on wearables, Kim.
H/T The Verge | Photo via Beacon Radio/Flickr (CC BY-NC 2.0)