- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders 5 Years Ago
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? 5 Years Ago
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge 5 Years Ago
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
5 things I learned from tech titan Kim Kardashian
OK, that is a really good reason to own a BlackBerry.
This evening, Kim Kardashian took the stage at Recode’s Code Mobile event in Half Moon Bay, Calif., to talk about life, love, and the eternal pursuit of a soul-crushingly addictive freemium app game.
When you think about mobile technology, Kardashian likely isn’t the first name that comes to mind. But lo, she brought us a few pearls of digital wisdom.
1) She prefers Instagram as a social sharing platform, and she has a rule we should all live by: No more than three pictures of herself in a row. You got that, everybody? If Kim Kardashian can hold herself to a selfie maximum, so can you. Write it down. Tattoo it somewhere.
(However, let’s all recognize she breaks this rule often. Witness: These three photos from Oct. 20.)
2) Though she owns an iPhone, her favorite phone is… a Blackberry. Yes, Kim K. is right up there with financial district retirees and your state congressman. Her reasoning: So she can button-mash her way through anger-fueled emails. Genius. The dull thap-thap-thap of pounding away at your touchscreen really doesn’t have the same effect.
3) In order to get said BlackBerry, a BlackBerry Bold no longer sold in stores, Kardashian hits up eBay, and that is just good business sense. Seriously, why not have a phone with a keyboard so you can destroy it to your heart’s content? I’ve missed so many good phone-throwing moments because I remember I’m not due for an upgrade for awhile.
4) More games are on the way, and along with them more in-app purchases. If she can recreate the magic that is Kim Kardashian: Hollywood… well then godspeed. We’ll start brainstorming our next hacking guide.
A photo posted by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on
5) What about Google Glass? “They’re just not for me.” Fair and balanced take on wearables, Kim.
H/T The Verge | Photo via Beacon Radio/Flickr (CC BY-NC 2.0)
Molly McHugh is the tech editor of the Daily Dot, focusing on technology, social media, sports, and streaming entertainment. Her work has also appeared in Wired and the Ringer.