- Black couple says they were accused of stealing during marriage proposal Tuesday 6:57 PM
- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony Tuesday 6:00 PM
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Tuesday 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Tuesday 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Tuesday 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Tuesday 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Tuesday 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Tuesday 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Tuesday 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Tuesday 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Tuesday 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Tuesday 12:28 PM
This Japanese dude built a robotic tongue to lick his favorite anime characters
Is this the first “smart tongue”?
I won’t pretend to deeply understand every fetish, but we all have a few things we happen to like that others would likely consider strange. Normally we keep those desires hidden deep within the vault of our mind, but that simply wasn’t enough for one Japanese man.
YouTuber mansooon0 (Mansun on Japanese variety blog Omocoro) apparently really, really likes his favorite anime characters. So much so that he doesn’t mind licking his computer screen in a show of affection.
Unfortunately, the act of licking his display was both messy and gross, so he put his DIY skills to the test and built a robot to do the licking for him. Using a fake “realistic” tongue, servo motor, and some Arduino circuitry, he designed the robot organ to be extremely simple to operate.
With just a couple button presses, the robotic tongue slides into place on his monitor and goes into maximum licking mode, covering his favorite cartoon gal with all kinds of tongue love.
Creepy? Sure, but you have to admire his dedication.
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.