- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far 3 Years Ago
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners 3 Years Ago
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Today 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Today 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Today 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Today 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Today 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone is debating the number of towels you should own Today 10:47 AM
- How to unlock the Fortnite Prisoner stage 4 skin Today 10:45 AM
- Julian Assange reportedly nominated for Nobel Peace Prize Today 10:27 AM
- Major U.S. airlines will soon implement nonbinary gender options Today 10:21 AM
- Trump calls 25th Amendment talk a ‘coup’ attempt Today 8:42 AM
- The Hatebook: Inside Facebook’s thriving subculture of racism Today 7:29 AM
These iPhone location-based tricks will ensure you never get lost again
Where you at?
Your iPhone has some neat location-based tricks that can save you time. From automatically alerting your friends when you land at a busy bar to texting your exact location with a couple of taps, these map-based hacks are seriously handy.
1) Send automatic alerts when you leave or arrive somewhere
It’s possible to send automatically generated alerts to contacts when you leave, or arrive, at a certain location.
In the Find Friends app, click on the “Me” menu at the bottom of the screen, then select “Notify Friends” to the right beneath the map.
You can then choose to generate an alert when you leave or arrive at a location.
2) See your location history
If you’ve enabled Location Services, your iPhone keeps a log of everywhere you go. You can view your location history, but
it is buried deep in your Settings menu.
Go to Settings, select Privacy, click Location Services, scroll down to see System Services, then tap on Frequent Locations.
Here you will see a list of locations you’ve visited often. Click a location to see more precise addresses on a map view.
3) Send your location via text
You can share your current location with anyone via text message.
Open the conversation in the Messages app, then tap on
the “Details” option at the top right.
If you select “Send My Current Location,” a map will be generated and sent to the contact marking your exact whereabouts.
4) Get a reminder at a certain place
Did you know your iPhone can send you a reminder at a certain location? This super-useful trick is handy if you
consistently forget to do something somewhere.
Create a new reminder if your iPhone’s Reminders app, then click the “Info” icon that appears to the right of the reminder.
Now select “Remind me at a location.” Tap on “Location” to look up where you want to be reminded and save it down.
You’ll now get an alert on your homescreen when you next get to that location.
5) Save your location
It’s simple to save where you’re at with an iPhone. In the Maps app, once your phone has identified where you are, tap on
the “Info” icon (the “i” in a circle at the bottom right of your screen) then select “Drop a Pin.”
A purple pin will mark your current location. You can now navigate to / from that pin or share it by hitting the share icon
at the top right of your display.
iPhone 6S and 6S Plus owners have an even easier way to do this. If you simply 3D Touch the Maps app icon, it will give you
the pop-up option to “Mark My Location.” Photo via Neil Kremer/Flickr (CC BY-ND 2.0)
Amy-Mae Turner is a tech reporter who focuses on gadgets, streaming entertainment, social media, and internet lingo. She previously served as a senior features writer for Mashable.