- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months 10 Months Ago
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Today 12:44 PM
- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline Today 12:16 PM
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free Today 12:03 PM
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:50 AM
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Today 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Today 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Today 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Today 10:39 AM
- Trump randomly calls for companies to ‘step up’ their 5G efforts in U.S. Today 10:28 AM
- Professional media person: Poor people have money but they just waste it on ‘benders’ Today 10:22 AM
- Netflix acquires highest-grossing blockbuster of 2019 (so far) Today 9:29 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez blasts media over home reports after Coast Guard member’s hit list revealed Today 8:52 AM
- Are you being harassed by a Bernie Bro or a Bernie bot? Today 7:30 AM
- Jason Reitman is empowering toxic ‘Ghostbusters’ fanboys Today 6:55 AM
Hulu confirms ‘technical issue’ has led to a widespread outage (updated)
Update 3:05pm CT, May 11: Hulu is back online. The company said its developers fixed the playback issue that made the service unavailable on Friday morning. Based on Down Detector data and user comments, all U.S. subscribers should now be able to use the service.
Can’t load The Handmaid’s Tale? You’re not alone.
Hulu is facing an outage that appears to be affecting viewers throughout the U.S. Down Detector’s map shows subscribers in every region are having difficulties using the video streaming service. Hulu has been having issues since 9:09am ET with more than 2,000 reports filed on the outage reporting site.
The company confirmed the “technical issue” on Twitter and told frustrated customers that it is investigating. It did not offer a timeline for when the service will be up and running again.
@hulu_support why am I getting this message all of a sudden today after watching the first 8 episodes of “The Resident” I am in the Orlando, Fl area and have checked by internet settings and they are set to my region. pic.twitter.com/cppC33JmiD
— BMG (@Bryan_Gelfand) May 11, 2018
We have reached out to Hulu and will update this article when we learn more.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.