- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power 6 Years Ago
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
How to search Twitter by date range
Goodybye “load more tweets” button.
I spent more than half-an-hour last week searching Twitter for a hilarious post I wanted to quote but couldn’t quite remember. That’s because the site only would let users search in reverse chronological order, meaning that if you ever wanted to find a tweet from a long time ago, you’d have to click through thousands of pages of results. I gave up.
That all changed earlier today, when Twitter revealed a date range filtering option for search results.
It works well, too. I searched for posts including the words “Obama election” from Nov. 5, 2012 to Nov. 6, 2012, and easily scrolled through the top Tweets from the last Presidential election day.
You can search for posts from certain accounts, using particular hashtags, or specific words or phrases on the advanced search page. The date range search function will allow you to resurface Tweets from a breaking news day or find incriminating posts from your friends if you know just the right time range to look.
Regardless of your intentions, the new search option will help tremendously in sifting through the site’s 58 million daily tweets.
Joanie Ferguson is a reporter whose work focuses on technology and Silicon Valley. She's also written about social media and digital marketing for P97.