- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ 5 Years Ago
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares 5 Years Ago
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
- Why was parody Twitter account Seinfeld2000 suspended? Today 11:06 AM
You can now add Pusheen directly to your Facebook photos
News of the year.
You probably woke up and thought this was a normal day. You had coffee, put some pants on, went to work, the usual stuff. But you, my friend, were deeply mistaken. In Facebook’s most earth-shattering news since the Great Stickers in Comments Update of 2014, the social network will allow users to add stickers to photos right from the main Facebook app.
Yes, you heard that right. You can take a selfie and add Pusheen nomming on a tiny doughnut right next to you, just like you guys are hanging out.
If you need to sit down, we don’t blame you. Facebook’s newest sticker update will roll out soon to both Android and iOS users, inviting you to add a sticker (or many, many stickers) to a photo before uploading it via the mobile app.
Something akin to this had previously been possible with Stickered for Messenger, an app under the wing of Facebook’s Creative Labs. By now, everyone is sick to death of making room for new spin-off Facebook apps, so we’re happy to see the company enhancing a well-loved feature within its core mobile experience for a change.
If you need us, we’ll be plastering our pictures with Pusheens. If you need to plan your sticker game in advance, we recommend our comprehensive ranking of the best Facebook stickers ever to grace the social network.
Screengrab via Facebook
Taylor Hatmaker has reported on the tech industry for nearly a decade, covering privacy and government. Most recently, she was the Debug editor of the Daily Dot. Prior to that, she was a staff writer and deputy editor at ReadWrite, a tech and business reporter for Yahoo News, and the senior editor of Tecca. Her editorial interests include censorship, digital activism, LGBTQ issues, and futurist consumer tech.