- Forget Hot Jafar. All hail Fat Ursula 5 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘The Affair’ for free 5 Years Ago
- Olivia Wilde’s ‘Booksmart’ is a teen comedy that will actually age well Today 7:45 AM
- Conservative rising star Kyle Kashuv busted using the N-word a whole bunch Today 7:14 AM
- How to watch ‘The Name of the Rose’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- The Anthony Kennedy-Trump money laundering conspiracy is back—and as inaccurate as ever Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the FIFA U-20 World Cup online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
Would you pay $2,000 for a smartphone?
Are you super psyched about the iPhone 6? Do you feel like a little kid on Christmas morning who needs to get one now-now-now-now? Yeah, me too, I guess? I don’t know. (I mean, I’m human. I watched the keynote and oohed and aahed and made scarf jokes on Gchat just like everyone else. But still, life goes on and work deadlines must be met and bills must be paid, and so on and so forth.)
However psyched you might be about the release of the iPhone 6, however, you’re definitely not as excited as these folks on eBay, who are bidding thousands of dollars on a phone that came out literally a few hours ago today. The highest asking price for an unlocked iPhone that’ll ship today appears to be about $2,900. (For the record, the iPhone 6 on the Apple Store website retails for about $199, $299, or $399, though depending on your contract it’ll likely cost much more.)
The owner of this Japan version is asking for $2,600:
This one has 21 bids, delivers today, and the highest bid is at $1,475:
And this iPhone 6 Plus in space grey has 59 bids, with the highest one at $2,247:
Listen: The iPhone 6 literally became a thing you could buy today. Don’t any of you have children whose college tuitions you need to save up for? No? OK, carry on.
Photo by William Hook/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.