- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
There is nothing bad about this app that sends you cat selfies all day
The world needs more cat photos and animal shelters. Candid Catmera helps make more of both.
Cat photos are wonderful. These documents of our goofy furry friends provide endless joy for people of all ages. The only problem with cat pictures is that someone has to be around to take them, leaving your workday full of wasted opportunities while you’re away from your pets. While this reality is harrowing, there is a solution: Introducing Candid Catmera, an app that helps your cat take selfies and gives money to charity all in one neat package.
While you’re away, Candid Catmera attracts your cat’s attention via sound. When it detects your cat, it loads a game that encourages the cat to play. While the cat is playing, your iPad takes photos of the cat, and then sends them to you via text message. Your day is brightened by your fuzzy buddy, and your cat is entertained. Everybody wins, especially shelter animals.
One dollar of each download of this $2.79 app is donated to the SPCA, so your empowering of feline narcissism also goes toward helping shelter animals who don’t have loving owners. So you get more of this.
And the world gets more of this.
Head over to iTunes to download the Candid Catmera today.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.