- Riots break out after a fake email about coronavirus went viral Thursday 8:59 PM
- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
Cat photos are wonderful. These documents of our goofy furry friends provide endless joy for people of all ages. The only problem with cat pictures is that someone has to be around to take them, leaving your workday full of wasted opportunities while you’re away from your pets. While this reality is harrowing, there is a solution: Introducing Candid Catmera, an app that helps your cat take selfies and gives money to charity all in one neat package.
While you’re away, Candid Catmera attracts your cat’s attention via sound. When it detects your cat, it loads a game that encourages the cat to play. While the cat is playing, your iPad takes photos of the cat, and then sends them to you via text message. Your day is brightened by your fuzzy buddy, and your cat is entertained. Everybody wins, especially shelter animals.
One dollar of each download of this $2.79 app is donated to the SPCA, so your empowering of feline narcissism also goes toward helping shelter animals who don’t have loving owners. So you get more of this.
And the world gets more of this.
Head over to iTunes to download the Candid Catmera today.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.