- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
As she explained in her post, she always checks out what Gates gives to whichever name he draws in the Secret Santa exchange. Sometimes, he sends a huge box full of geek and gamer gear and fashion. Other times, he showers a fellow redditor with enormous amounts of camping equipment.
This year, he drew VietteLLC, and when the FedEx guy came to deliver her package, she wrote, “I could fit about five of me in the box I got.”
She opened it, pulled out a giant Pusheen plush doll and, as she wrote, “I kid you not, screamed like a little girl.”
Since VietteLLC has made it clear that she loves cats, she was delighted to discover that Gates also donated a total of $750 to three cat shelters, the Pusheen cat (which she estimated to weigh 30 pounds), a Stormy stuffed animal, a tiny Pusheen ornament, a book on cat shelters, a Dr. Who coffee table book, a snow globe with a tiny white kitten inside, a Dave Matthews Band shirt, various other cat-related trinkets, and “a commissioned, one-of-a-kind cross-stitch of me and my pal, Bill, and my 4 cats that says ‘Live Life in the Meow.’”
Like usual, Gates won the title of best gift-giver of the year.
And just in case you needed proof that Gates was the one to send it.
VietteLLC clearly loved the haul and expressed her appreciation for Gates’ thoughtfulness.
And she couldn’t help but think back to the prior week.
She wrote, “At some point during my workweek, I was drinking coffee, writing a boring email, and Bill Gates was somewhere having a professional photo taken with a jumbo Pusheen and writing me notes about cats.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.