- Exclusive: House Democrats net neutrality strategy shifts month after passing major bill 4 Years Ago
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Today 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Today 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Today 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Today 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Today 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Today 10:36 AM
- Nearly half of Juul’s Twitter followers can’t legally buy the product, study says Today 10:26 AM
- New Facebook Messenger scam tricks people into thinking they donated to ISIS Today 10:26 AM
- Film meme mocks ‘brilliant’ Daenerys shot in ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 10:13 AM
- YouTube love triangle: ProJared’s mistress Commander Holly makes startling accusations Today 10:05 AM
- Middle schoolers investigated for allegedly serving semen crepes to teachers Today 10:04 AM
- Memelord from Reddit’s r/The_Donald joins Trump onstage at rally Today 9:23 AM
- Read the wild list of demands Trump’s possible new immigration czar had Today 8:48 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in June 2019 Today 7:30 AM
Who needs Sears photo center? Let these apps get your photos into the spirit.
No one wants to sit in line at Sears to get that family photo. However, everyone wants a perfect holiday picture. It’s a little late to send those season’s greetings cards, but if you still want an appropriately themed pic, there are plenty of ways to get one.
Photo Grid is actually one of the best photo editing apps for any occasion because it has all sorts of filters and collage capabilities that Instagram doesn’t have. The fact that it has a holiday pack included in its latest update is just icing on the cake.
Along with its newest version is a throwback to the app’s original Home Interface, where you can quickly select a photo from your photo stream or take a new one through the Camera icon before even choosing an editing mode. Once you have a photo loaded, tap on Layout and then the Template button at the very end to download some seasonal effects. Tap on the effect you just downloaded to apply it. There are themed stickers you can use as well. (Available for Android and iOS.)
Camera360 Ultimate is has a lot of great features that make it a great editing tool to use. It’s particularly great at offering themes for any season, including Christmas. To use the app’s Christmas effects pack, enter the main shooting interface, tap on the flower icon on the lower right, then select Scene or the Merry Christmas banner on top. You will see the Christmas photo frames that are available for download.
Camera 360 Ultimate
Formerly InstarFrame, this app is a great option if you’re looking to compose a holiday collage; the developers just released a huge frame and sticker package, free to use. To get started, pick a template you would like to use and load a photo, either through your photo library or your camera. Click on Frame to add a festive border to your photo. Double tap the screen to access the quick menu with the 🙂 button for the seasonal stickers. Use Effects to apply your filter of choice. (Available for Android and iOS.)
Another easy-to-use option. Tap anywhere on the screen to add photos. Tap on the lower left layout icon and then tap the icon again to access backgrounds. Other things you can add for free are text and more photos. You can also add stickers and purchase holiday-themed ones for a small fee; you’ll need to log into the app to download them. (Available for Android, iOS, and through the Amazon App Store.)
Upon downloading and launching the app, you can immediately load pictures through your Camera or your phone’s gallery to edit in PicFrames and Collage mode. Before you do, though, tap on Add-Ons and make sure you have the necessary holiday packs applied; most of the seasonal effects, filters, and frames are free to download and try.
If you want to actually use the holiday effects and save your edits, though, you have to download Photo Studio Pro for $3.99, also available through the Add-Ons page of the app. (Available for Android and iOS.)
If you’re looking for a tool specifically for Christmas effects, this photo editing app has an entire section devoted to Christmas themes. You can slap a Santa hat onto a selfie, have your image be held by a polar bear, or have photos of your family appear as a garland Christmas tree ornament.
Photo via davispuh/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.