- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus 5 Years Ago
- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time 5 Years Ago
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency 5 Years Ago
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now 5 Years Ago
- What is the meme of the decade? Today 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Today 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Today 12:17 PM
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Today 11:24 AM
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why is everyone debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
The standard Apple Watch comes with a stainless steel case and is available at $549 for the 38 mm version and $599 for the 42 mm size. Those prices go up another $500 based on which band you choose, so you can expect to pay as much as $1,099.
For those with rich blood, the yellow and rose gold versions are priced starting at $10,000, and will be available in extremely limited quantities to start.
Apple CEO Tim Cook showed off a new “Glances” feature today that lets you instantly swipe between a variety of screens such as your heart rate, weather, and other need-to-know info. The messaging and email features were also on display, looking a lot like they do on the iPhone, only a bit smaller.
The Apple Watch app will arrive on iPhone with iOS 8.2, and it’ll serve as the one-stop shop for Apple apps. This new iOS update is on its way today as well, though hasn’t yet arrived.
On the topic of battery life, Tim Cook noted that the watch will feature 18-hour battery life. “I think that works for most people,” he noted, calling it “all-day battery life.”
Apple also offers a whole suite of different swappable watch bands to suit pretty much every taste. There’s a leather strap that is available in a variety of colors, a decorative buckle clasp, a stainless steel chain link band, and a rubber sport band that you won’t mind sweating on.
Photo via Apple.com | Remix by Jason Reed
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.