- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
4K TVs for less than $500
It’s that time of year again—rampant consumerism overtakes us before we’ve even finished with Thanksgiving dinner. Just in time, Amazon wants to make sure everyone knows that the site will feature good deals on everything from electronics to fashion.
Once again, Amazon is starting sales early. The company is offering new deals every five minutes starting Nov. 20 through Black Friday, Nov. 27. Then, beginning at midnight on Thanksgiving, people will be able to shop 10 “Deals of the Day” and up to 10 more on Black Friday. The company is also featuring their popular “Lightning Deals,” the entire week on “thousands of sought-after products per day.” You can find them on amazon.com/blackfriday.
Amazon Prime members get a little bit of a head start on the rest of the shoppers—they’ll have access to Lightning Deals 30 minutes before anyone else. The company also wants to amp up its mobile shopping, so 150 Lightning Deals will only be available on the Amazon Mobile Shopping App, released daily from Thanksgiving through Dec. 9.
So what are the goods Amazon is offering this year? You’ll be able to snag a good deal in pretty much every department. The company published a list of some of the things you’ll be able to save on.
Notable tech deals include:
- ASUS 15” laptop, $129
- TCL 55” Roku Smart LED TV, $348
- Hisense 55” 4K Smart LED TV, $448 (App Only Deal)
- 50” 1080p LED TV, $149.99 (App Only Deal)
- 40” 1080p LED TV, $145
- TCL 32” Roku Smart LED TV, $125
- Top-selling mobile printers for less than $100
- Jawbone UP3, $99
- Kindle Paperwhite, $99.99
- $30 off Kindle and Kindle for Kids Bundle
- Fire Kids Edition, $84.99
- $25 off Amazon Fire TV
- $15 off Amazon Fire TV Stick and Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
Elsewhere on the site:
- Save 50% on select construction toys from K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, and Tinkertoys
- Up to 50% off select Lionel Train Sets, including Polar Express
- 50% off select wearable technology products and robotic toys for kids
- Save $50 on Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit
- Save up to 50% on select Adidas footwear for men, women, and kids
- Save up to $200 on select Dyson vacuums
- $50 off Xbox One Consoles
- $50 off PlayStation 4 Uncharted Bundle
- $25 off Metal Gear Solid V
Of course, if you’d rather snag gifts from retailers offline, you can always wait until Small Business Saturday and support local shops instead.
Photo via Aurelijus Valeiša/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Selena Larson is a technology reporter based in San Francisco who writes about the intersection of technology and culture. Her work explores new technologies and the way they impact industries, human behavior, and security and privacy. Since leaving the Daily Dot, she's reported for CNN Money and done technical writing for cybersecurity firm Dragos.